cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Refunds - No Order Level Refund allowed?

When a customer purchases a couple items from my store, eBay adds up the total shipping and that is what they charge the customer. In the past I was able to do an order level refund for the extra shipping charged. The only option I have now it to give a discount for each item.  I no longer have an option to give a refund for the shipping off of the order total. Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Order Refunds - No Order Level Refund allowed?

I believe if you go to the payment page, you can give a refund and a drop down has shipping discount.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Their tech boys have  causing  problems on the site since  2003  . 

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

mightymouse  , If you look at the screen capture that I posted at the beginning of this thread, you can see that I do not have that option. The only option I have is per sale item.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I have exactly the same issue. I used to be able to do an order level refund but now I cannot. I refund for combined postage and handling. I sell postage stamps and I often have large orders (in terms of qty, not $'s) which I now have to refund postage costs on individually. It's a pain and takes additional time. Most of my customers just make a purchase knowing that I will happily refund shipping - they don't request an invoice upfront. The other problem that I've run into is there is a maximum of 20 items that I can refund at a time. The order that I'm trying to refund right now is 40 items, each with their own postage costs. I'm going to see if I can do 2 different refunds - the first 20 items in one refund then the other 20 in a subsequent refund. Not sure if it will work. I do hope eBay go back  to an order level refund option.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply