cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Stores get 24 pics

at least according to the people answering on the update board.......  I know I asked that question at open and it was affirmed that the upgrade was for everyone........and more than a bit of discussion about it at open........

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Only Stores get 24 pics

@eunster1313 wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@aeparts1 wrote:

Jamie has a hard enough time with his jacket.... Now you want him to put on his big boy pants too?

Error.png

@aeparts1  that's hilarious 🤣

4.png

@eunster1313 yours is sadly more accurate...wish someone around here would figure that out.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I'm so mad I could just spit.........  Even Ina (ecommercebytes) presents it as to all and plenty others other than stores people have accepted it as to all..........  I'm just wondering if this is a fact, since stores team is answering store questions, and this is where that fell on the Update board. ....... or if they don't know it's for all.

devon@ebay    I know this tricky, ego wise.........but could you check this with someone other than the stores team?  Whether the pix are for all or just stores? 

@dhbookds We did get confirmation that the new 24 pictures features is for all sellers, including store and non-store sellers. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Thanks for the info, Devon..............I sure hope someone reviews this experience....some how information just isn't getting to the right people internally in ebay....... that's really dangerous.......for sellers as well as ebay.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Thanks for the info, Devon..............I sure hope someone reviews this experience....some how information just isn't getting to the right people internally in ebay....... that's really dangerous.......for sellers as well as ebay.

@dhbookds agree 100%!

That entire thread about the new international shipping is a great example as well - there is all kinds of panic flying around social media and YouTube now because of the answers given there and I'm not at all sure any of us really understands what is really going on with that program, including the seller team answering questions yesterday that seems to have just made it worse.

It continues to boggle my mind why simple, direct, timely and accurate communication both internally and externally is still so hard for eBay to manage after 27 years. 😩

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

A lot of people don't even know that I have about 10-12 pictures of some thing that I am selling, as they don't scroll down on the pictures.  Further more, people don't read my entire description, to find out exactly what they are buying.  Having said that, 24 pictures will take more time to take, and it will only confuse some people (Interested buyers).  Just my 2 cents.  

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

@joseh1445 wrote:

A lot of people don't even know that I have about 10-12 pictures of some thing that I am selling, as they don't scroll down on the pictures.  Further more, people don't read my entire description, to find out exactly what they are buying.  Having said that, 24 pictures will take more time to take, and it will only confuse some people (Interested buyers).  Just my 2 cents.  

You certainly don't have to use 24 pics.......and I sure won't...but a couple more than 12 will help on some listings......  especially when the listing is of a "lot"........... so I do appreciate the increase. 

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

This one slayed me..........in the original post by the seller team.......

You can now easily upload videos to your Store’s About tab directly from your Store edit page and they’ll appear after the first image in your gallery

I don't think whoever was answering EVER understood what was actually wrong with the statement. 

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Just a quick check  of ACTUAL successful stores like oh I don't know...AMAZON shows they not only use far less photographs than 24 but are also more focused on sales pitch, comparison,  illustration and a lot more text.  Their featured listings are more like a magazine with video.  Ebay offering 24 pictures is almost like them announcing they will start advertising on AM radio, CB and shortband.  I guess it really depends upon what you're selling but ebay's design is kind of a joke.  It's not very hip and not very exciting for the consumer who needs to be seduced.  There's a reason Las Vegas is lit up.  A seller on ebay will have to use external storage and website to really do a proper pitch.  Ebay is deeply flawed.  I just happened to be checking out my own listings yesterday on mobile and ebay was displaying 2 of my items with 0 stock.  I mean come on now. If one needs 24 pictures to sell something,  they might as well be selling Chamomile Tea.  

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote: ... It continues to boggle my mind why simple, direct, timely and accurate communication both internally and externally is still so hard for eBay to manage after 27 years. 

The underlying issue is that despite eBay existing for 27 years, there is nobody at eBay with 27 years of experience (well, except Griff) and apparently no mechanism for institutional memory.  

My direct experience with eBay employees is limited to a visit to headquarters ten years ago during one of their rare attempts to involve actual sellers in a decision.  The employees I met (well, except Griff and the CEO) were so young and so overconfident, in that way which is tempered by experience.   

eBay's lack of awareness of  relevant communication skills and protocols leads to self-perpetuating hiring of personnel who lack these skills, which in turn is exacerbated by high turnover and no mechanism for institutional memory, nor even the notion that such a concept exists. Ditto for notions of quality control, field testing, etc.  Perhaps some staff are aware, but aren't able to make a difference in the corporate culture.

Their process for developing new stuff, and for changing existing stuff, seems to be to only talk to each other, and they don't have enough technical experience, nor experience as either sellers or buyers, to do it well. How else can one account for the deep deficiencies in the new listing form!  There's apparently a separate department for number crunchers who come up with criteria for best match, listing limits, promotions, etc.

Their institutional memory seems to consist entirely of Jim "Griff" Griffith, and it might be my imagination, but things seem to have taken a big downturn after he started cutting back on his involvement after a personal tragedy about 10 years ago.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@aeparts1 wrote:

Jamie has a hard enough time with his jacket.... Now you want him to put on his big boy pants too?

Error.png

OK you now owe me 5 minutes for the time it took me to wipe the coffee off my monitor...

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect   You nailed it......

Constant change in employees.......moving them around (who doesn't like a promotion and perhaps a raise) just wastes their knowledge and experience.....and results in a "new" iteration of this or that  resulting in disruptions, revisions and stretches every change out for months, if not years.  How long have they been working on the "new listing page"......is this one #5/6/7/20?  2/3 yrs from whenever they "finish it".......we'll get another one.  This board has changed hands......what 3 times in the past 8-10 years? 

If they were to go back to Mangement #101 and find the right person for the job.......and keep, pay them well, and leave them there, it would certainly have to be a better run company. They had numerous top people leave in the last 6 months......and you have to wonder why?   Idea people are great....and companies need them.......but someone has to remember where the car is parked. 

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

I posted something in a similar vein about a month ago, using the same picture.

For the next 5 days, I didn't have a single sale. It had been two years or more since I had a no sale stretch like that.  Coincidence?? I'm not worried about that now, the company I work for has been bought by a $6 billion 19,000 employee strong conglomerate 1 week ago. So, it looks like my eBay sales are shut down. All listings are ended, so there can't be any sales to restrict.

I did see an eBay employee stopped by, I hope they saw my post & are sharing it with their co workers.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 27 of 30
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

@dhbookds agree 100%!

That entire thread about the new international shipping is a great example as well - there is all kinds of panic flying around social media and YouTube now because of the answers given there and I'm not at all sure any of us really understands what is really going on with that program, including the seller team answering questions yesterday that seems to have just made it worse.

It continues to boggle my mind why simple, direct, timely and accurate communication both internally and externally is still so hard for eBay to manage after 27 years. 😩

Well it only took them about 30 hours to finally get this one right. 🙄

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2022-Fall-Seller-Update/eBay-International-Shipping/m-p/33253697/highl...

To help address the question about payout timing,  we have confirmed that payouts will be handled the same as they are with GSP and current domestic orders. Following a transaction, it typically takes 1 day from confirming the buyer’s payment for the sales proceeds to appear as Available for payout, unless the transaction was placed on hold, in which case it may take longer. 

WHY couldn't they have just said that yesterday?!

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

They must have had ..........not want to insult employees..... 3rd line people on that board who just "didn't know" .....maybe the experienced ones were exhausted after open.....the thing is.......how many people who read the first response (on any of those threads) never came/come back to read the "right" response?  How much misinformation is going to still make the rounds?

Whoever set that up......did a very poor job....and the "experts" certainly weren't. 

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

This one slayed me..........in the original post by the seller team.......

You can now easily upload videos to your Store’s About tab directly from your Store edit page and they’ll appear after the first image in your gallery

I don't think whoever was answering EVER understood what was actually wrong with the statement. 

Screenshot 2022-09-29 164420.jpg

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 30 of 30
latest reply