cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Listing question. Need help please!

Ok I see where Ebay is removing old listings. I see on several of my listings that the are advising us to revise them to keep them active.  So I went through a last week and revised 15 or 20 litings with different titles and changing some prices and also most descriptions a little. 

Now question is a week later these items still have the need to be revised note attached to them. will they update and remove that note or will they remove the items.

I see from searches that a lot of suggestions are to end the listing(mine are all good till cancelled) and relisting it.

If I need to end the listing will I get defects for ending a lot of them?

Can I just end it and relist it as 30 days instead of good till cancelled. 

Thanks for your input. I need to get this done as I should have done it earlier but I got lazy. 

As Grandpa always said. If you want to open a small business, just open a large one and wait awhile!!!!
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Old Listing question. Need help please!

You won't get any defect for ending a listing early.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@dennisa1 wrote:

If I need to end the listing will I get defects for ending a lot of them? Can I just end it and relist it as 30 days instead of good till cancelled. Thanks for your input. I need to get this done as I should have done it earlier but I got lazy. 

No, you will not get a defect for ending listings.  Then you can relist for 30 day bin or a GTC again, or auction, or however you'd like.  That should take care of that pesty note you are getting from eBay to revise or end.  

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

They should say what they MEAN - they don't want you to REVISE them, they want you to END them, then revise and relist.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
They should say what they MEAN - they don't want you to REVISE them, they want you to END them, then revise and relist.

I think you have to look a bit deeper into what they are saying.  It they want revisions and the OP mentioned Titles, prices and description, then is left that they might be looking for? 

The answer is categories, item specifics and or attributes that will be required on most items very soon.  eBay has been making a lot of changes in category and sub categories recently and added a lot of item specifics based on data Cassini has been collecting for quite a while now.  We all know about UPC attributes as well at this point so, although the OP understand most of the message these ideas I am suggesting are what eBay is talking about.

I understand this can be a lot of work.  I know this first hand with over 800 active GTC listings.  Luckily I do not have any listings that eBay wants to remove due to slow to no sales history, but I also monitor the atributes and categories when I research recent changes in my main categories and make changes as I go.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Because on GTC eBay gets "stuck" on the length of time the listing has been up and even with revisions you STILL get the "message".

One of the reasons I stopped using GTC (even though I only used it on specific long tail MQ items)

The message used to say something like "We see this listing has had no sales for 16 months. Consider revising it"

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@dennisa1  Your items set for GTC are going to me noticed more than those not set for that.  eBay's announcement to possibly end listings of a year or older is directed more at GTC than other formats.  Just an FYI ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Ok thanks for the input from everyone.  

Next question  again is will i be able to end the items and then find it in ended listings and simple sell simular.  This would make the task a little easier. Thanks agian.Dennis I'll go try this on and item and see if I can. Thanks much 

As Grandpa always said. If you want to open a small business, just open a large one and wait awhile!!!!
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@dennisa1

I messed with this last week... revise does nothing to the item start time.

Item started in 2014, and then 2017 revised.

But the item start time remains 2014.

The only way to get a new start time is to end the item, and relist.

There is no need to revise, if you don't need to.

Just end and relist, that gets rid of the 16 month thing. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Where do you find what a listing's start time is?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I believe it shows in the listing.  Toward the top but I will have to check that out. 

Thanks to everyone that has put input on here.

Dennis

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Class1959 Just click on one of your items for sale in my ebay. Toward the top in listing info you will see your start time listed there. Hope this helps. Dennis

Message 12 of 12
latest reply