cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh, Oh...

Yesterday I read of a brand new scam going on.  Scam buyers are making good on their threats: Pay them money or they will trash the sellers' stores/sites.  They buy, then leave bad feedbacks/reviews and of course not pay.  One seller ignored the message and sure enough, they went through with the threat.

Are the Bots ready?  Are WE ready?  Are they here yet?  How long?  Are there sellers dealing with it and just not on these boards yet?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Oh, Oh...

@buyologist-3 wrote:

Yesterday I read of a brand new scam going on.  

Where did you read about this?

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

BIN w/ IPR solves most problems.

If a buyer does not pay and was able to leave feedback just have it removed. End of story.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

Are we ready for what exactly???

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

(Smiles!)  Nothing...Just nothing.  Go back to eating your chocolate.  It'll go away.  Snooze away!

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

I was reading something about that the other day in the trade press but I can't find it now and can't remember the source - it's not anything really new, more a new wrinkle in the old 'bad reviews' scam - but goes beyond bad feedback to actual sabotage by interference with trade.  Ugh - I've got CRS but maybe I'll stumble across the source again.

ETA:  It's not 'non-payment = bad feedback' - that's as old as this site.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

No idea what you're talking about?

(Wish I had chocolate...lol)

What is the scam??

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

If the buyer doesnt pay, Ebay will remove the feedback.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

So far the site stops the scam but is leaving the feedback(s) intact.   They might change that in time, but so far, no.  Will stay on it and if I hear anything new, I'll post it.  I hope it fails quickly! 

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

Is this what you're referring to? 

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2021/12/1639962138.html

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

I'm not sure how to state it clearer.  But I have some chocolate, I'll share it with you!  It's dark chocolate, is that OK?  Yummmmmmmmm!

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

If a buyer does not pay, and the seller takes the right action and cancels as "buyer did not pay", how could any buyer leave bad feedback? 

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

Is this what you're referring to? 

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2021/12/1639962138.html

That's similar to what I read - thank you! 

ETA:  I see that Etsy responded to that with their usual pablum.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

@buyologist-3 wrote:

I'm not sure how to state it clearer.

Easy - cite your sources. You posted about this in at least two threads including this one and it took a bunch of questions from others before we could even learn that the unnamed site was Etsy. Someone else eventually came up with an Ecommercebytes article about it.

If you are going to sound an alarm then at least please document it enough so that others can read about it right away.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Oh, Oh...

Yes, and I love what you said!  Thanks for the smiles.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply