cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offensive Material Policy Violation - You Must Be Kidding Me !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323595593199?ssPageName=STRK:MEUNSOLD:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

So I go to re-list it tonight, and I get the following error message that is stopping me from re-listing the item:

"It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Your listing includes a term not permitted under our Offensive Materials policy. Please see our policy here for more information."

I'm sure that the members of the Offensive Material Policy Team have spent thousands of hours to make their policy and their screening technique fool-proof so would you please be kind enough to forward my item link to the  Offensive Material Policy Team so that they can tell me exactly which word in my listing they found violated the Offensive Material Policy ?

And after Offensive Material Policy Team unanimously concludes that NOTHING in my listing violates their Offensive Material Policy, I would respectfully like to request a $20 Customer Courtesy Coupon for my inconvenience in having to waste my time to deal with this issue, and for my inconvenience of not being able to re-list my totally policy-compliant listing.

Thank you !

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

@flipper2flipper2 wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323595593199?ssPageName=STRK:MEUNSOLD:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

So I go to re-list it tonight, and I get the following error message that is stopping me from re-listing the item:

• Your listing includes a term not permitted under our Offensive Materials policy. Please see our policy here for more information."

I'm sure that the members of the Offensive Material Policy Team have spent thousands of hours to make their policy and their screening technique fool-proof so would you please be kind enough to forward my item link to the  Offensive Material Policy Team so that they can tell me exactly which word in my listing they found violated the Offensive Material Policy ?

And after Offensive Material Policy Team unanimously concludes that NOTHING in my listing violates their Offensive Material Policy, I would respectfully like to request a $20 Customer Courtesy Coupon for my inconvenience in having to waste my time to deal with this issue, and for my inconvenience of not being able to re-list my totally policy-compliant listing.

Thank you !

I  checked out the link you supplied  and to tell you the truth I'm stumped .  There's nothing there that should be offensive to anyone.  Tulips 

Message 2 of 89
latest reply

You're the 2nd post today about some Black Americana being [inappropriately] tagged as offensive.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/After-6-months-listings-now-violate-offensive-materials-policy...

I'm guessing some coder flipped the wrong switch somewhere.

You're kidding about the $20 right?  

Message 3 of 89
latest reply

Reproductions?

Message 4 of 89
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:
@flipper2flipper2 wrote:

I'm sure that the members of the Offensive Material Policy Team have spent thousands of hours to make their policy and their screening technique fool-proof so would you please be kind enough to forward my item link to the  Offensive Material Policy Team so that they can tell me exactly which word in my listing they found violated the Offensive Material Policy ?

Thank you !

I  checked out the link you supplied  and to tell you the truth I'm stumped .  There's nothing there that should be offensive to anyone.  Tulips 

@turquoisetulips 

Thank you for taking the time to read all of my auction description, and for your opinion.

Message 5 of 89
latest reply

@magicjohnsonsvariety wrote:

Reproductions?

No, they are not reproductions !

I was working FOR Nabisco when I got them, and they were shipped to me from the Nabisco warehouse where they were being distributed from.

In fact, I still have the posters stored in the original box that they were shipped to me in !

Message 6 of 89
latest reply

Gotta be careful nowadays. 

Somewhere in the world, someone will be offended - by someone or something.   Smiley Surprised

Can't have that - it isn't politically correct.  Smiley Frustrated

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 89
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Somewhere in the world, someone will be offended - by someone or something.   Smiley Surprised

Can't have that - it isn't politically correct.  Smiley Frustrated

@gracieallen01 

Ain't that the truth !

Message 8 of 89
latest reply

At this very moment, Bill Maher is in Santa Barbara, on stage, before a sold out audience.

Should have seen all the MBZs, BMWs and Bentleys dropping people off.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 89
latest reply

If not that then you got me.....

You certainly deserve an answer from ebay.

Message 10 of 89
latest reply

Somewhere in the world, someone will be offended - by someone or something.   Smiley Surprised

Can't have that - it isn't politically correct.  Smiley Frustrated

gracieallen 

When I heard the  news report about a teacher  who was teaching her students  that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches  are racist  I just said  that's it ! I'm never leaving my house again ! I'll just pull down the shades and become a total recluse  because that's the only sure way  in this  new crazy world  I won't be able to offend someone . Tulips 
Message 11 of 89
latest reply

Hello everyone,

Since this thread has gotten a bit off-topic, please bring the discussion back to the original subject.

Thanks!​​​​​​​
Message 12 of 89
latest reply

Should have seen all the MBZs, BMWs and Bentleys dropping people off. gracieallen 

Oh yes , the share the wealth crowd .  Tulips 

Message 13 of 89
latest reply

I’m mostly offended by eBay. Not kidding. I still fume over some of the things they do.
Lately I’m wrestling with changing shipping weights on my listings. I want to scream at someone but I live in the country by myself so it wouldn’t do any good.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 14 of 89
latest reply

This PC thing has gotten way out of hand. In fact, it`s been out of hand for years and gets worse daily. It`s sickening that feelings trump logic in today`s society. Is ebay going to ban the word black? How far are people going to take this? Our future is looking dimmer by the minute.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 15 of 89
latest reply