cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Cancelation and Retraction Requests

Sometimes when odd trends appear I like to post about them here. Part of the reason is that maybe I can receive guidance from other sellers if they experience something similar. Part of the reason is that if someone else experiences it, they can look at the message and see that others may have experienced the same thing. Most of the time the trend is nothing but a coincidence, but you never know. 

Here is one such trend.

Like all sellers I will sometimes get cancellation requests right after purchase. Usually with a cursory explanation (e.g. I ordered by accident, my kid ordered it by accident). Its annoying, but what are you going to do. I always accept the cancelation and relist. I get these about once a week. However, in the past week I have gotten 5 and in four of them the buyer cancelled and then within an hour said, cancel my cancellation request I still want it. Each one was a different buyer (different locations too). Each item was different. However, the messages regarding the cancellation and the retraction of the cancellation were almost exactly the same in each one. Strange coincidence...my own good fortune...or the portents of a more sinister scheme afoot.

I will let you decide.  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

For comparison purposes, I get 0.4% percent cancellations.
I rarely get asked to cancel the cancellation.
One third send an explanation message.
I have never had such a tsunami of cancellations in one week.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

i get 5 of these a week as well. if they put in the T.O.S. ... when you sign up for ebay, you must attach a payment method or card. should you not pay within the 6 day window, the money will be taken out of your account and into the sellers. this problem would then go away and all the children and time wasters will have nothing to do. i'd also like a +5 setting. more than 75% of buyers with 0 stars don't pay in my experience and there's nothing you can do. i put in every description I will not cancel orders or bids and please don't waste my time, should you choose not to pay, i do not want to hear the excuse, quite frankly i don't care. when they then pull this stunt, it's at least fun to say, um can you read the description for once because clearly you haven't. but no there's nothing you can do and ebay doesn't care.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply