cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obvious feedback violations-eBay won't remove it.

eBay has obviously become a tool which dishonest buyers recognize they can use to damage a seller via inaccurate feedback.  I am tired of my corp being a victim like this. We even made an exception and refunded this subject customer IN FULL  even with a NO RETURN Policy which we have after experiencing massive amounts of attempts to borrow the auto part long enough to pass inspection and then return the part that fixed the truck which caused us to eat $170 every time.  This is fraud and sale manipulation. This subject customer bought the wrong part-he admitted it to me on the telephone. When I told him our return policy on the listing, he called me every name in the book, said women don't know about cars and told me "give me your GD name, women don't own auto part corps".  STILL, I REFUNDED HIM in full and ate the $170. because he was so abusive, I couldn't take any more. And now on Christmas Eve, he left me the most abusive feedback which eBay won't remove. eBay  is enouraging buyers and even assisting them in damaging sellers for no good reason. We have no recourse against these types anymore. It's open season on any seller who does business here and most times, the buyer knows eBay is a powerful and easily used weapon. This has become a very hostile place for sellers.  

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Nothing new. It's been that way for years. Sorry you had to find out on Christmas Eve though.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Buyer's FB left isn't anywhere near as troublesome as your reply.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

Buyer's FB left isn't anywhere near as troublesome as your reply.

Yeah I thought that too. Looks bad and very emotional.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

The picture ones mind paint of your response to both replies you left to negs would make most shoppers avoid your merchandise...

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

well guess you have heard that the EBAY policy is the one YOU as a seller will follow, so in the end all that was needed by you is..RETURN FOR REFUND... they will or they won't... if you follow the EBAY policy and say return for refund..then it places it back on them...and yes you might have to pay return shipping...but you would have a part back that i am sure you could sell again..and probably out less or some ....and if they leave feedback...you could call ebay Cs and say ..i did all i could and followed policy and procedure....and THEN you might have a case...

looking at it..it is their opinion, and well it could be true or not... same with your responce--could be true or not....but sounds like it got way past the point that anyone can tell...

YOU can have a NO RETURN policy...BUT with ebay that doen't mean you are going to refund!...

use the policy and procedure...and sometimes the scammers back away quaitly, sometimes not...and sometimes you CAN have it removed...but feedback is all silly and your responce only makes someone think "UUMMM who is right here , really?"

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

You obviously do NOT sell on eBay. Google this subject. It's all over the Internet. This isn't must my business concern. It's thousands of sellers problem.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

It's interesting to us that you cultivate and protect those here that commit FRAUD. Wow. You are a perfect case in point.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

ebay is a very harsh enviroment if you decide to sell here personality types A,B and C will struggle always have and always will. Type Ds and below do well they understand the types of buyers ebay lures to their site. Your respones to your last neg should have been....  and a Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones also..... Does far more damaged to then and paints What a nice person you are......

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@point-a-engineering wrote:
You obviously do NOT sell on eBay. Google this subject. It's all over the Internet. This isn't must my business concern. It's thousands of sellers problem.

Ok you are right I've never sold anything.Smiley LOL The 1078 feedback received on this ID alone as a seller proves your point.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I am confused - how did the buyer commit fraud?
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Sorry to hear of your troubles on the night before Christmas.

There isn't any feedback violation, obvious or otherwise. It is actually pretty mild compared to what ebay does allow.

Can you prove fraud?

These types of Feedback comments aren't removed:
 Feedback comments containing accusatory language such as "fraud," "liar," "cheater," "scam artist," or "con man." Although this type of comment is strongly discouraged, it isn't removed unless it also contains content that isn't allowed.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

OP we are just trying to help you--for real. Your reply to the feedback does nothing but hurt your future sales and does nothing to your buyer. It may have felt good to post it for a couple of seconds but it will harm you for much longer. There really is no need to be hostile towards those posting those things. The people replying to you have hundreds of thousands of transactions (collectively) as sellers here and elsewhere. We have seen it all and heard it all. We are just trying to help. Nothing you can say about how eBay treats it's sellers will shock us. We've seen it all.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Your response to feedback is more damaging to your seller rep than the neg feedback itself.

example:

Positive Feedback: VERY DIFFICULT TO INSTALL. Works as described.. dash light went off !!

Seller Response: No CALL-No EMAIL.Call for help!We are present 6 days for you.Super easy install.

Follow-up by r***r (Feb-09-13 13:38):

I received 3 HARRASING and RIDICULOUS emails after leaving positive feedback?

Negative Feedback: Company was non willing to cooperate on tech support. Threatened to sue me

Follow Up: NO AUTO SKILLS or anyone that could understand the repair. We tried. And TRIED.

You would be better not responding or saying something factual "buyer returned used part" or "sorry you were unhappy with purchase. offered return"  

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

The fact that anyone would think what this buyer did here on eBay is acceptable is a stunning case in point. I have to assume these types don't sell here or if they do, it's random as a private party and not from an actual corp. I've sold on eBay for 20 years and almost 8 with my current corp. I'm not new to problems like this but with the rules eBay has set up relating to feedback and more to the point, that sellers cannot alert the marketplace to obvious scams and fraud by buyers through their own option of neg feedback, it makes it a hostile place to do business unless you are buying looking to cover up for the game. Most larger corps that offer good products here on eBay, can't afford to experience the loss of revenue resulting from well orchestrated scams, sale manipulation and fraud with neg feedback as the threat. Electronic auto parts are never returnable (INDUSTRY STANDARD) due to legitimate reasons like buyer error. Auto part companies can't eat the cost of every scam artist or back yard mechanic who has no legitimate auto repair skills here. You all might be interested to know eBay is just 1% of our overall business but it's 100% of the FRAUD we experience. These people know how to play the game very well and if you don't give them what they want or even if you DO, they damage your brand when you've done nothing wrong. eBay is a major facilitator of this fraud. Google this issue. It's not just us that have noticed what a hostile place eBay has become for sellers. Sale manipulation and fraud are actionable. If you use the device just long enough to pass smog or inspection and later pull it off claiming it didn't work for a 100% refund here on eBay, that is a felony in your state. Broken trucks with engine failure codes are not legal in any state. ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO DUPE YOUR STATE into thinking the truck has no codes that violate The Clean Air Act, knowing you will re-break the truck later to get your money back, is a felony. Using the device we sell and then pulling it off after you've cleared your state's registration process for a refund here on eBay means the truck is a major polluter and broken. This defines an INTENT TO COMMIT FRAUD on your state and the federal gov't. The Clean Air Act violation is a breaking a federal law. Good luck with that. We investigate these types and report them all. We enjoy law abiding citizens that genuinely want assistance in the repair by ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHS and auto design engineers for FREE. The part holds a US Patent and is currently in 8 million trucks all over North America. eBay is 1% of our overall market but brings us the worst possible customers (because of eBay policies fueling fraud).
Message 15 of 23
latest reply