cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? do you keep changing everything?!?!?!

Everything for shipping used to be right there in fields. NOW IHAVE TO USE A STUPID DROP DOWN LIST THAT HAS 8000 ENTRIES IN IT.

I AM THIS CLOSE TO BEING DONE WITH EBAY AND ETSY AND EVERY OTHER WEBSITE THAT CATERS ONLY TO OTHER MEGACORPORATIONS THAT HAVE ARMIES OF LISTING ENGINEERS TO KEEP TRACK OF THE ALL THE DAILY CHANGES YOU KEEP MAKING.

ps EBAY SUCKS

Screen Shot 07-06-21 at 04.31 PM.PNG

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: OMG WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? do you keep changing everything?!?!?!

Furthermore, I can't do anything. It keeps giving me a message that "this is the same as..." **bleep**.

Screen Shot 07-06-21 at 04.37 PM.PNG

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

SIGH.

I don't want Global Shipping. And I don't see anyway to change it.

Can you please fix this nonsense?

Screen Shot 07-06-21 at 04.39 PM.PNGScreen Shot 07-06-21 at 04.39 PM 001.PNG

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@jimmyhauser wrote:

Everything for shipping used to be right there in fields. NOW IHAVE TO USE A STUPID DROP DOWN LIST THAT HAS 8000 ENTRIES IN IT.

I AM THIS CLOSE TO BEING DONE WITH EBAY AND ETSY AND EVERY OTHER WEBSITE THAT CATERS ONLY TO OTHER MEGACORPORATIONS THAT HAVE ARMIES OF LISTING ENGINEERS TO KEEP TRACK OF THE ALL THE DAILY CHANGES YOU KEEP MAKING.

ps EBAY SUCKS

Screen Shot 07-06-21 at 04.31 PM.PNG

This is a side effect of business policies. This happens when I use my 3rd party lister to create listings (that don't have the respective business policies attached to it. It assigns/creates a shipping policy trying to cater to the shipping shown on that listing. It's a huge mess. That's why every time I post listings I have to go back into them and revise them accordingly. I still have to go into my business policies and manually remove all the shipping clutter.

Another reason why this happens is if you have a bunch of listings that are in need of required changes (like certain item specifics) and you haven't gotten around to changing them yet. When you try to change the terms in these respective shipping policies (like increase shipping price by $1)... ebay WILL NOT change it for these listings because you didn't add the required item specifics changes. Therefore, ebay will create a new shipping policy with the increased shipping price as "(shipping policy name) copy".

Yup, confusing as heck.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Hi, those are all your eBay business policies.

You can create, add, delete, or edit your business policies by following the instructions here.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I would still like to know what was wrong with the old way, where there were a few fields on the listing page for shipping method and cost. It was simple and it was all right there on the listing page. No need to have "business policies" (whatever that means) on multiple different pages.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Here's the Global Shipping Program policies. Scroll down to the last section, it tells you how to remove the GSP from all your listings.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

If you're opted into business policies you can always opt out. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Agree with you - old way was fine.

We use listing templates to list.

Find a listing you have listed you like.

Hit sell similiar and once you have it created, save as a template.

Name your template whatever you desire.  Create other template variables as needed.

Note:  sell similar is glitchy right now. 

Good luck.  Hang in there!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I agree 100% All the changes the last 6 months have SUCKED!! I don't know why

they have to change everything every 6 months on this site. As soon as I get used

to the new layout they change it and NEVER for the better. Whoever designs these

"New and improved" pages should be fired!!!!

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Just one comment here:  Your post sounds like you believe you're addressing eBay regarding your concerns.

This Board is composed of many, many eBay buyers and sellers who volunteer their time here to answer questions and help others when we can.

That means, of course, that we are not the YOU that you are addressing in your complaint about changes.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I agree, ebay keeps changing [they say improving] things for the worst. I have to work 8 hours to get 3 hours of listing completed. Ebay doesn't care they get their extra $$$  for "improving "  the system. I have put up with the changes for 15 years, it just keeps getting harder with every change. the people making the changes sure don't list items on ebay or they would make things easy not harder !

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

All of those options happen when you get opted in to the Business Policies program. That's happened to me twice in the last several years - I didn't opt in - seeing all of those options IS disconcerting.

Just go here and opt out of business policies and all of those options should disappear.

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/policyoptin 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

The changes have been numerous probably the worst being Managed Payments. Like any company eBay's job is to maximize the profit of their shareholders and nothing else that is why they exist. One of eBay's problems has always been they are an Amazon wanna be. There are several problems with that the first two being they have never had the corporate leadership to figure out how to do that and the second being even if they had the leadership they lack the technical expertise to implement it. While eBay is playing catch up other companies are entering the marketplace and Amazon is so far out ahead eBay has no hope of ever attaining that level. If you want proof just look at eBay's stock price and Amazon's stock price since both companies initial public offering. 

While eBay likes to think they are involved the the sales process the truth is they do nothing, they are not part of the logistical operations related to a sale, the possess no real tangible products, and they are only minutely involved in the financial transaction processing. One of the smartest things eBay did was when they acquired PayPal, one of the dumbest was when they elected to dump that investment. How stupid was it, compare stock prices of eBay and PayPal since the split. This has to rank up there with one of the greatest corporate blunders in history. Right up there with ABC and NBC passing on Monday night football, Deca Records rejecting the Beatles, New Coke, Western Union passing on the patent for the telephone, 20th Century Fox getting George Lucas to take a $20K salary cut in exchange for all the merchandising rights to Star Wars and all the subsequent sequels................... 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@jimmyhauser wrote:

I would still like to know what was wrong with the old way, where there were a few fields on the listing page for shipping method and cost. It was simple and it was all right there on the listing page. No need to have "business policies" (whatever that means) on multiple different pages.

You're the one that created the policies...

Message 15 of 25
latest reply