cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing sells anymore

First time ever my store fees are more than my monthly sales.

i 'm a top rated seller with approx 500 items listed over 2 IDs, and 1.02% defect rate.  BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO BE SELLING FOR WEEKS NOW

This place has turned into a freaking ghost town.

I wil be cancleing my store subscription unless i can see a turnaround this month. It no longer make sense to spend any time around here.

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: Nothing sells anymore

I am also was a top rated powerseller , been there for over a decade, currently 100 positive. Just lost status  raring because of lying multi identity buyers abusing  returns system. 

They allow not as described to give refunds all the time. No proof, no control.

You are right, I used to have weekely auctions and good bidding activity. 

Now I put items in ebay store and they take a year to get any offers or bids. Mark

Message 91 of 98
latest reply

Yes the Chinese sellers tave taken over.. I had not one sale this weekend meanwhile a seller of Chinese fakes had over 100 sales.  Amazon sales has been dead too.  No point in working to keep a TRS rating.

Message 92 of 98
latest reply

@aandnb  Just checked out the few listings you have for sale on this ID, cannot see your store ID.  Not sure what your core business is so can not speak to that.  But I do see you are based in Australia.  Just curious if historically most of your sales are international AND are most of them from the US?  I think a lot has to do with what one is selling.  If you sell a lot of new products then competition is probably pretty stiff in most categories.  If you are selling collectibles then what might help is variety reaching different Buyer groups. Anyway, I sincerely hope things turn around for you.  When I signed up for the basic store level I elected to pay month to month which costs and exta 5 bucks BUT allows flexibility in the event I decide to drop the store for either short or long term reasons.  One average sale is still able to more than cover the extra 5 bucks so the flexibility is worth it.  I sincerely hope I do not have to drop the store but if things got to that point I would not hesitate. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 93 of 98
latest reply

has been awful for me too

Message 94 of 98
latest reply

just happened to me, paypal refunded the scammer
such a shame they side for the buyer
i've given up on Ebay and Paypal terrible companies
Message 95 of 98
latest reply

What is this silent limit ??

Message 96 of 98
latest reply

I am new to the eBay selling thing.

what you people are saying alarms me.

i have a bunch of things stocked up that are not listed yet

around 170 listed and probably just as many not listed

i buy more stuff very regularly 

im thinking maybe it's time to stop stocking up and rid myself of this burden

if ebay has secret selling limits and caps that I have not been informed of I want out

the sales pattern for me does make that believable 

im going to give ebay another month and see how sales go

ive gotten better at listing and promote my items like I should

with that I would think sales would increase 

im hoping ebay is not selling out American sellers to the Chinese 

does ebay know that sellers will stop advertising eBay's name all over the internet when promoting their items

im sure most sellers incourage people they encounter to shop eBay when they also

come on eBay lose the Chinese and let's kick the monopoly of Amazon in the teeth

Message 97 of 98
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 98 of 98
latest reply