cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonpayment strikes.

Recently had a "Buyer" Win an auction after outbidding everyone. Had 400+ feedbacks so I didn't think about checking the feedbacks yet. After 48 hours I messaged him asking for payment and I got an excuse he'd Pay tomorrow and this went on for a few days before I checked his feedbacks. After the few days I checked this Bidders feedbacks and he has over 40 Feedbacks for nonpayment in the last 6 months alone.... 

I reached out to Ebay on this one to see why they'd be letting someone with so many nonpayment cases opened on him and they informed me Theres a list of nonpayment cases opened against this buyer The Ebay Agent I spoke with stoped counted after she reached over 30 nonpayment strikes on his account but had no reason as to why hes still able to continue this. 

Do these Non-payment cases even do anything anymore? I already have people with nonpayment strikes eliminated from being able to purchase so Im not sure how he was able to bid either. Anyone else dealing with anything like this?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Nonpayment strikes.

@slati_2013 wrote:

If a buyer does not pay, just move on. Nothing to get mad about. I don't even ask them to pay. I just wait for eBay to close the case and relist the item. 

Likewise. If they don't pay me within the allotted four days, eBay cancels the sale automatically and I move on. I'll put non-payers on my BBL, but otherwise I don't get too bothered about it. One of my best buyers stopped buying last year (not in mid-transaction with me), and I later found out that he'd died of Covid. That's when you see the difference between what's important and what isn't, if you know what I mean.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

The false-positive feedback comments have been removed … leaving only the positive ratings for the deadbeat buyers.   😐

I surely hope the OP comes up with a better way to deal with what is truly an infuriating problem for sellers.   Maybe ‘Immediate Payment Required’ BINs?

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

And I'd still like to know how/if an eBay CS rep actually told the OP how many UPI strikes a buyer had accumulated.  

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

And I'd still like to know how/if an eBay CS rep actually told the OP how many UPI strikes a buyer had accumulated.  

@soh.maryl 

My guess is that the OP might have been able to extract that information from a rep.  They sounded very persuasive in their poof posts.

OR they could have made up the whole thing.  🤨  🤔

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Some CSR's are not that well trained. They may not always follow the "scripted" rules.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

I've had several non-payments in the past year to highest bidder, and with no response even after I've contacted them and sent invoices. NOT COOL!!

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@house*of*paws wrote:

The false-positive feedback comments have been removed … leaving only the positive ratings for the deadbeat buyers.   😐

I surely hope the OP comes up with a better way to deal with what is truly an infuriating problem for sellers.   Maybe ‘Immediate Payment Required’ BINs?

Nope. The OP is continuing to leave false Positives. Seems like some people just do not learn.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

So, after 4 days of nonpayment, are you not cancelling, citing buyer didn't pay as the reason?

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

Isn’t that in some ways worse than non-payment? It can certainly feel worse. It’s just so disrespectful.

A non-payment won’t make or break you (well, unless you only  sell a couple of Rolexes a year or something) and people can have issues, a sudden change of circumstances, heck, they may have changed their mind for a reasonable cause - they may have missed a detail LATE on the item which makes it no longer suitable, for example (yes, it would be their fault, but still), or had set up a snipe, then forgot to cancel it, or had set up multiple snipes for same type item needing only one but forgot to set it so the snipes stop after winning ONE, etc, but are now trapped in a purchase “contract” they’re unhappy with...

The fact is, if you were dealing face to face with people, you would be likely to exercise a bit more empathy and kindness, especially  if the buyer is respectful, and you would let them off, right? I had a seller so lovely that she refunded me in full after buying a t-shirt (upon my returning it) simply because I didn’t like the design on it, and it wasn’t quite how it seemed to me in the pic! What a star!

But fully IGNORING messages from a seller you leave in a lurch is very bad form! Don’t do it unless you’re an ass.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Yowza..... 7 months later and the OP is still leaving false-positive feedbacks.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

@house*of*paws wrote:

Nope. The OP is continuing to leave false Positives. Seems like some people just do not learn.

Wow. This necro thread is probably going to get closed out soon anyway but I just took another peek at the OPs Feedback Left for Others page and he is continuing to carpet-bomb non-payers in feedback. I hope it makes him feel better.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply