cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-payment NO Consequences

Lately I have had more "potential" buyers, bid and then not pay. There are NO consequences for these people. I've been a member sice 2001 and have never seen such issues.  Ebay says, "Open a case."  Then I have to wait 4 days to close it. As concected to electronic media as we are, and we have to wait for them? WHY!?!  They don't get "Negative" feedback, because we can't give it.... NOT AN OPTION.  

Ebay, get a little back bone and penalize these knuckleheads.  

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Non-payment NO Consequences

Hats off to you for labeling a buyer who doesn't pay a "potential buyer." We call them "stiffs."

Some of the various reasons contributed to nonpayers such as:

1.) People gaming - see who can win or purchase and not pay.

2.) Competitors who purchase in order to gain the advantage ot taking a competitive item off the market so they can sell their item.

3.) People who can not budget their money with purchases they make.

4.) People who bid or but a bunch of the same item and then make a choice as to which listing they will follow through on and complete.

All in all no matter what the reason, nonpayers need to be dealt with - that is by opening a UnPaid Item claim after 48 hours without payment and closing after 96 hours. Doing so not only serves to benefit the affected seller: but. benefits all selllers who block any member with two or more unpaid items. The affected seller needs to follow through and place the nonpaying buyer on their Best Buddy List.

It can be said that nonpayers have it all too easy with eBay allowing a new identity to be established to circumvent blocks; but, sooner or later it does become a burden on the chronic nonpayer when there is no bank account or credit card available to establish a new ID. For sellers there is no option other than to use the tools eBay gives them - the UPI process and BBL Unfortunately that is a 6 day process. EBay itself was requiring immediate payment on certain listings. A seller can always set up a BIN listing with that option but not in an auction listing.

@easterneagle87wrote:

Lately I have had more "potential" buyers, bid and then not pay. There are NO consequences for these people. I've been a member sice 2001 and have never seen such issues.  Ebay says, "Open a case."  Then I have to wait 4 days to close it. As concected to electronic media as we are, and we have to wait for them? WHY!?!  They don't get "Negative" feedback, because we can't give it.... NOT AN OPTION.  

Ebay, get a little back bone and penalize these knuckleheads.  

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Ebay gives sellers the ability to prevent non-payment so I think they should use the tools available and quit coming up with more ways to punish buyers.

If NPBs are a hardship, change your behavior. It's not rocket science. It's a heck of a lot easier than expecting other people or Ebay to change.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tableclothwrote:

Once the Best Offer has been accepted there is a contract and the item should not be available for purchase. If the seller accepts in the middle of the night, any good buyer will be torqued if their item is gone before they can pay. That is a terrible idea IMHO.

all we need are more ways to drive away good buyers 😡

Since it is a binding agreement, the buyer should be required to submit a payment (have the funds placed on hold) when they make an offer.  If the seller accepts, the payment processes, if the seller declines, the hold is removed and the buyers payment method is not charged.  Maybe Ebay can find a way to implement something like that when they become the sole payment "intermediary".

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

I would be shocked if feedback is even a thing later this year.

Look at so many of the new pages. Not only is feedback really not easy to find, it's hard to even see the user id of the person you're buying from.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

I'm not putting my money up just because a few sellers cannot control their own businesses. I've spent over a quarter million on Ebay and will not be jumping through hoops to give sellers MY money.

This is more people looking for more ways to drive buyers away. It's not going to happen.

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

If sellers have a problem with non-payment on best offers they should stop using best offers. That's a far better solution than punishing the rest of us and messing with paying buyers. I have NEVER had an unpaid item. 

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Yes it would be nice if a seller could leave a negitive but that will never happen.  We have buyers all the time that dont pay.   We just figure the buyer decided that they didnt want the item.  We just move on and dont worry about it.   Best regards

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tableclothwrote:

I'm not putting my money up just because a few sellers cannot control their own businesses. I've spent over a quarter million on Ebay and will not be jumping through hoops to give sellers MY money.

This is more people looking for more ways to drive buyers away. It's not going to happen.

I'm sure it would drive away some deadbeat buyers.  I don't see why a person that has never had an unpaid item would be concerned about submitting a payment method for an item they intend to purchase.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Because I don't trust Ebay. They've screwed up a lot of other things. I'm not giving them a payment unless I explicitly authorize it. They don't have a great software track record.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

@lewisburggoldYour listings are nearly all BIN. Assuming you have Immediate Payment Required, how many non paying bidders can you possibly have?

Negatives do nothing but drive away good buyers.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Happened to me twice in the past month. One buyer has 15 non payment comments in the past 6 months and she has a 100% rating!!!!! HOW IS THIS HAPPENING!!!! What can we do?
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Sell Fixed Price with Immediate Payment Required then you will have no nonpaying bidders.

Nonpaying bidder comments are a selling violation. I would suggest that maybe if sellers are intentionally breaking the rules, how do you know they are honest?

Do you have your bidder blocks set to block any bidders with more than one nopay in the last year? If so, those sellers did not file and close the UIDs.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@bwkg5278 wrote:
Happened to me twice in the past month. One buyer has 15 non payment comments in the past 6 months and she has a 100% rating!!!!! HOW IS THIS HAPPENING!!!! What can we do?

How is it happening?

It's happening because SELLERS are not doing their job. Those sellers who violated policy by leaving negative comments aren't filing unpaid item disputes. If they did, they would not be able to leave feedback. Feedback is blocked to both parties when a UID is closed. Filing and closing UIDs also gives the buyer a strike, two of which will totally block that buyer from buying/bidding on the items of sellers who properly set their blocks to stop those buyers.

Yes, strikes only block the ID and a buyer can just make a new ID. But as someone posted upthread, sooner or later those people are going to run out of bank accounts and credit cards to use.

It's not perfect, but the UID process is all sellers have. USE IT. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

you can always report them / block them. That is the only consequence unfortunately
Message 29 of 29
latest reply