cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No refund on ebay "Promoted Ad Listings" after sale cancellation!??

Recently, I turned down an offer (on my promoted listing) becuase it was too low. The next day that same person bought my item but then immedaitely canceled the order saying the purchase was a "mistake" (revenge?). After seeing this months invoice, I noticed that my promoted listing fee for that item was not credited to my account, so I called ebay. I found out that ebay does not refund promoted item listings, even if there is a cancellation. This really seems like an unfair policy to me. Agree?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I don't always believe what customer services says so I tried to look it up. In the sellers central faq there is a question about whether a cancelled purchase would qualify for a credit but the question isn't really answered...it just explains where the credit would be if one was given.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/promoted-listings.html#m22_tb_a5__4

Is my ad fee credited back to me if the buyer doesn't pay or returns the item purchased through prom...

Both your ad fees and ad rates appear on your eBay invoice. Ad fees will appear as a separate line on your eBay invoice and in detail where fees will be categorized by item. If eBay credited any ad fees back to you, you'll see this information on the invoice as well. You can also get up-to-date sales and ad fee details in your dashboard.

You should be able to see the credits on your invoice in the 'Discounts and credits' section. And the item level details under 'Promoted listing fee credits'.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the reply and looking up that FAQ for me. Perhaps, I'll try calling back and speaking with another CSR about the issue to see what they say. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

As the pther poster said:

"I don't always believe what customer services says so I tried to look it up. In the sellers central faq there is a question about whether a cancelled purchase would qualify for a credit but the question isn't really answered...it just explains where the credit would be if one was given." .....

..... that is frequently a convenient way of getting around not saying 'No, you don't get a refund for any reason, unless we decide differently'.  Generally, it is unpopular, and not necessarily conducive to getting folks to participate in a program, to flat out say 'No'.

Of course, they may have just forgotten to be specific - or, possibly, didn't understand the question.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Are you sure the time has passed where a credit would have been given?  When I used promotional listings I found it difficult to know when the credits would be issued.  I actually wrote down my fees and usually it took at least a month to see the credit issued. 

For a canceled item, possibly the credits won't show up any sooner than with a completed sale.   I'm basing this on you actually having some money left for credits.  If you don't, and have to pay them out of your own pocket, then I don't know if they are refunded.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Update: 

I was given an "ad fee" credit for the entire amount on my monthly invoice. It did take almost 2 weeks to receive the credit though compared to the ebay/paypal fees which were refunded instantly. I am not sure why the CSR told me that promotional fees would not be refunded.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply