cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No listing sale before Black Friday?

No listing sale before Black Friday or Cyber Monday??  We have always had one in the past!  

Change the channel!
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

eBay sent a correspondence late in the day on November 20 that I could have 50 free listings for items listed on November 20. Had I been told sooner, I could have gathered 50 items to list for free, but 20 minutes left of the work day, I missed out on that "promo".

Gee, thanks eBay. Next time, maybe tell me the Friday before the Monday Event?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@drusalina wrote:

No listing sale before Black Friday or Cyber Monday??  We have always had one in the past!  

I've received a lot of promos the past two months.

Let the other sellers who haven't received any in awhile have them.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

If there weren't many sellers who took advantage of those 50, maybe we'll see another offered soon.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Every seller possible will take a chance and list for Black Friday.

Why would ebay need to give an incentive?

In the past, it was only done at very slow times of the years, like after the holidays.

It is why 2 for 1 coupons at retuarants are usually for Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, not the wekend.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Hi em -
eBay normally gives us a little incentive around this time of year, but this year, they gave it to us when the day was almost over (some of us didn't receive it at all). I was irked. Why bother sending the correspondence to sellers when there's only 7 hours left in the day of the promo? The day before the promo started would have been far more useful.

Of the whole $10 incentive (woo-hoo!) I think I created two listings in the time I had left in my work day. So I saved a whole buck. Party time.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:
Hi em -
eBay normally gives us a little incentive around this time of year, but this year, they gave it to us when the day was almost over (some of us didn't receive it at all). I was irked. Why bother sending the correspondence to sellers when there's only 7 hours left in the day of the promo? The day before the promo started would have been far more useful.

Of the whole $10 incentive (woo-hoo!) I think I created two listings in the time I had left in my work day. So I saved a whole buck. Party time.

Probably realized they had enough listings and restricted their "gift" as much as possible.

Like restaurants with the 2 for 1, where certain meals like Lobster are excluded.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I check the promotional offers EVERY day, because sometimes eBay doesn't even bother to send an email that there is a promotion.  Such a hap hazard company.  Sheesh!

Change the channel!
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

If you need more listings consider paying for a store. Ebay has a billion items listed. They clearly don't need more glut.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@sodelight wrote:
If you need more listings consider paying for a store. Ebay has a billion items listed. They clearly don't need more glut.

Especially this time of the year when everyone is so busy.

If a buyer cannot find what they are looking for quickly, they are just going to go to a site where they can.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@sodelight wrote:

For what I sell and how much I make it is not profitable for me to have a store.  But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Change the channel!
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Apparently they sent this out...
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2017/11/1511293683.html

It's a classic approach/avoidance scenario...
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:

Yeah... if they wanted to offer free returns that badly, they would cough up the return shipping cost themselves.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:

I didn't get that but wouldn't have accepted it.   I don't sell expensive items.  I don't sell 100's of 1000's of items.  Offering free returns would do me no good.  I might as well just give the stuff away.  I couldn't afford it.  eBay has got to stop thinking they are Amazon!  

Change the channel!
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Only 28 days left to save the 4th qtr...stock is down 7% over the last 7 weeks.
I expect a promo du jour in the last week if the daily sales don't match expectations.

Funny thing is, they don't need any more listings...they're trying to stuff 10 pounds of shinola into a 5 pound sack.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply