cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales

Hello, fellow eBayers.  I am not new to eBay, I have been a member since 2003.  I did stop for a while for personal reasons.  A month ago I decided to start selling again.  Various collectibles such as sports cards, Hot Wheel cars, etc.  I have no sales, low numbers viewing.  I placed a site on Facebook showing my items that are active and I am getting nothing.  Any suggestions anyone may have or if other sellers are seeing the same thing I truly would be grateful.

Offering sports cards and wonderful collectibles at a great price.
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

No Sales

Any suggestions anyone may have or if other sellers are seeing the same thing I truly would be grateful. flipper - 

Well I'll tell ya ,, you have some nice stuff ,, but to sell more you have to list more . One more  thing though ,, the holidays are coming and I think if you can list more stuff and just be patient things will get going soon. Meanwhile I'm going to send your link over to my son Scott ,,although he's 28,,  he's an avid collector of the type of stuff you have. He may be interested. Good luck to you !!

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

I do not agree that you have to "list more" to get sales.

But what I did notice is two problems with the one and only listing of yours I checked:

1986 Hot Wheels Ferrari Malaysa.

Firstly, you spelled Malaysia wrong. No big deal there, simple fix. Also you may want to include more details in your title. The bigger problem however is when I checked the pricing, your item is way over priced compared to several others listed.

Not trying to tell you how to run your business, just that I have learned here in my so far short selling career that pricing things competitively is the best way to increase sales.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

I would have to agree that you need to list more items if you can. Go back and proofread a few spelling mistakes. Lastly, adjust your prices just a bit. A tweak here and there will definitely help.

Good luck to you.

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

I do not agree that you have to "list more" to get sales.jonathankind --

Its list more to get more sales . I believe that's basic math  if I'm not mistaken. 

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

This is by far my worst month ever. I am down about 50% from last year, the past 2 months have been awful. I have not seen anything like this. I know about the issue with google chrome but I thought that didn't go into effect until today. I do not know why this whole month has been so terrible. I'm gonna try to list every day to see if it bumps me up but something is really off. Hopefully things get back on track before the Xmas season starts.

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

Yep, worst year ever.   I also have been at this for a number of years.  Ebay needs to do more to bring off-site traffic to Ebay.   

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

@turquoisetulips wrote:

I do not agree that you have to "list more" to get sales.jonathankind --

Its list more to get more sales . I believe that's basic math  if I'm not mistaken. 

Not if you list stuff that no one wants to buy. So IMO, you're mistaken.

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

@flipperscollectibles wrote:

Hello, fellow eBayers.  I am not new to eBay, I have been a member since 2003.  I did stop for a while for personal reasons.  A month ago I decided to start selling again.  Various collectibles such as sports cards, Hot Wheel cars, etc.  I have no sales, low numbers viewing.  I placed a site on Facebook showing my items that are active and I am getting nothing.  Any suggestions anyone may have or if other sellers are seeing the same thing I truly would be grateful.

Are you under selling limitations? How many items are you allowed to list each month? I figured that with the few feedback you have, eBay may have limited you to how much you can list.

If that's the case, try to add as many items are you can up to your limit. If you are already there, then I would remove some higher priced and add some lower prices.

Just a suggestion. All the best.

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

@flipperscollectibles wrote:

A month ago I decided to start selling again.  Various collectibles such as sports cards, Hot Wheel cars, etc.  I have no sales, low numbers viewing.  l.

A search for "hot wheels" shows 317,000+ listings. A search for "baseball card" returns 1.6+ million listings. What is it about your listings that will make then stand out from the others?

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

Not if you list stuff that no one wants to buy. So IMO, you're mistaken.thatsallfolks 

To me it looks like he has stuff people would want ,, list more ,, chances are sales will go up. There's no mistake about that . 

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

@turquoisetulips wrote:

Not if you list stuff that no one wants to buy. So IMO, you're mistaken.thatsallfolks 

To me it looks like he has stuff people would want ,, list more ,, chances are sales will go up. There's no mistake about that . 

A 100% increase in $0 sales is still $0.

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

A 100% increase in $0 sales is still $0- thatsallfolks 

Of course , but that isn't what we were talking about . List more stuff that you know people WILL  want and the chances of making more sales goes up . I don't think too many sellers are going to waste their time and money listing rubbish . Its pretty open and shut  common sense .

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

@turquoisetulips wrote:

A 100% increase in $0 sales is still $0- thatsallfolks 

Of course , but that isn't what we were talking about . List more stuff that you know people WILL  want and the chances of making more sales goes up . I don't think too many sellers are going to waste their time and money listing rubbish . Its pretty open and shut  common sense 

Theoretically, the OP has already listed things they believe people will want. That's resulted in 3 sales totaling less than $15 in more than a month, and they had free shipping on one of them. Listing more stuff won't get them very far.

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

No Sales

Theoretically, the OP has already listed things they believe people will want. That's resulted in 3 sales totaling less than $15 in more than a month, and they had free shipping on one of them. Listing more stuff won't get them very far. -thatsallfolks ---- unquote ----------------------------

The op has  listed very few items for sale please bear in mind  .  The fact he's sold even three items is remarkable considering he had so few things for sale  in the first place . Therefore there's  absolutely nothing  that would indicate  by adding more of the same for sale   would mean '' it won't get him very far. Obviously there's a market for what the op sells  , he just needs to bump up his inventory . 

Message 15 of 64
latest reply