cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales

Is anyone experiencing very low sales in August. June and July were slow, but my sales usually pick up in August, and I haven't had a sale in 9 days. This is the longest I have ever gone without a sale.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

No Sales

I had a very busy July, best ever, but August is extremely slow.  I haven't had much time to list due to getting ready for my daughter to go back to school.  For me, I've noticed that less time working on eBay=low sales.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

@bargainjewelryandmore  The whole year's been pretty good but it depends on what one is selling.  I checked your store, very nice items by the way!  It might help if you continued to diversify what you offer.  If Buyers are not purchasing in the niche you are in then sales drop off. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

Unfortunately many of us go through a period of 5-10 days were it seems we aren't visible but selling in such oversatuarated categories as both you and I do that happens every once in awhile. July was very slow for me - but things have picked up in Aug. 

I'm sure your sales will start to increase as once people get the kids back to school which starts in a couple of weeks for most - people will be shopping or holiday gifts.

You've got nice items at great prices - offer free shipping and it looks like you list something everyday. Many buyers are sellers and when things slow down in the summer - so does our purchasing.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

I've also noticed a direct correlation between how much I list and how much to sell. Didn't have much new inventory to list Jun- July and my sales were dismal.  Listed a lot of new things last week and my sales picked up immediately.  And people weren't just buying the new stuff, things I've had listed for a really long time sold as well.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

YES, I AM HAVING NO SALES ALSO. MAYBE TO MUCH STUFF ON EBAY FOR PEOPLE TO SEARCH OR OUR THINGS ARE NOT SHOWING. CHINA SEEMS TO HAVE A LOT OF THINGS ON EBAY CHEAPER
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

Very slow for the past two weeks but I also haven't been listing as much either.  The next few days I will be listing some items.  July was decent for me.  Usually things slow down for me in my category during the summer.  They are also changing the search with the new guaranteed delivery so it could be because of that.  Hopefully things will pick up for all of us.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

@klassic*kids wrote:

I've also noticed a direct correlation between how much I list and how much to sell. Didn't have much new inventory to list Jun- July and my sales were dismal.  Listed a lot of new things last week and my sales picked up immediately.  And people weren't just buying the new stuff, things I've had listed for a really long time sold as well.

I feel I am in the same boat. May was very good then I've been low since then. Though fairly in line with last year's sales. I know I need to list more. I've been listing like mad on Amazon (I sell books and media) and sales there have surged significantly.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

OP you need some title fixes.

You need to put the word plated in all of your titles so people searching real gold and silver do not have to see them in their searches.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

Mid June thru July were not very good overall. Things have picked up around here since August 1st

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

@emerald40 wrote:

You need to put the word plated in all of your titles so people searching real gold and silver do not have to see them in their searches.

were you addressing someone else? Most of my books aren't plated.  wink

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

Thank you. I have been selling on ebay for 2 years and it's never been this slow for me. I'm sure people will start looking for Holiday gifts in September.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

Thanks. That's a good point.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

@flash_17059 wrote:
YES, I AM HAVING NO SALES ALSO. MAYBE TO MUCH STUFF ON EBAY FOR PEOPLE TO SEARCH OR OUR THINGS ARE NOT SHOWING. CHINA SEEMS TO HAVE A LOT OF THINGS ON EBAY CHEAPER

You only currently have 25 items listed on this account - you did quite well in July considering how little you do have listed. Increase your listings if possible - try and add a listing everyday or revise a listing as that will re-index it and maybe bump it's visibility.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

No Sales

@keziak wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

were you addressing someone else? Most of my books aren't plated.  wink

Per highlighted I was addressing the OP, but my finger only stretched as far as responding to the last post which was yours.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply