cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales

Hello, fellow eBayers.  I am not new to eBay, I have been a member since 2003.  I did stop for a while for personal reasons.  A month ago I decided to start selling again.  Various collectibles such as sports cards, Hot Wheel cars, etc.  I have no sales, low numbers viewing.  I placed a site on Facebook showing my items that are active and I am getting nothing.  Any suggestions anyone may have or if other sellers are seeing the same thing I truly would be grateful.

Offering sports cards and wonderful collectibles at a great price.
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: No Sales

Ok. Many active posters use a separate ID to avoid having rogue members mess with their selling accounts. Unfortunately, it has happened to some people, with very damaging results. thatsallfolks -

I believe it . I  noticed  a couple of the most offensive posts were taken down ,, thank goodness ,although I didn't report them myself .

Message 46 of 64
latest reply

Update

The CSR did call me back and said their updates had nothing to do with me having no sales.  After he hung up with me in a 24 hour period I had 3 sales.  go figure

Message 47 of 64
latest reply

Maybe quit responding and asking a mod to shut down the thread. I followed the thread - I felt somethings were in the gray area and others who accused you of things went too far - but before I could reply to those other posters - you went on the defense and the attitude made me decide to let you fight your own battles.

I've taken a lot of flack during the years for playing devil's advocate and trying to see the other poster's side - but then there are posters who don't deserve others sticking their neck out for.

Message 48 of 64
latest reply

It's coinsidence or they reindexed you and you had better exposure. I sometimes revise listings midway thru their 30 day cycle just so they reindex.

Message 49 of 64
latest reply

OP- you’re being weird and controlling, probably because you make what you sell. unquote ----

This is only one of many insulting comments that were made [copy and pasted from the original thread] . I was also told that I had a sense of entitlement . [ very odd comment ] Both of these accusations were sent to me  because I had stated that I had asked the buyer the reason for the return . I was also told by another poster that it was ''none of my business''' why the buyer wanted to return it,, complete with all  !!!!!! . None of my business ?  It is my e bay business , it was my buyer , and if something was wrong with the necklace that I had made  then I thought it was in my rights to ask ,, which I did , politely .  Furthermore I  never said that I had no intention of refunding this particular  buyer  or any buyer  for that matter  ,, in fact I made it clear in the first post  that I did refund her   .Yet I was accused of trying to get out of refunding her  ? Why ?. It was truly unbelievible the nasty letters  I was being sent  in response to my very politely written letter . I  was merely  asking for advice about PREVENTING  future renting,, not how to get out of refunding  . After all  this hostitily  towards me begin to occur , it was like mob mentality took over  and I was under attack  for all sorts of  other reasons,, anything they could think of  .  The scent of  blood was  in  the air  and every hostile person  came running  to take their turn on the already injured party.  Plain and simple , it was nothing short of school yard bullying . Then I'm chastized for defending myself ? Now I'm on my own because I tried to ? Is the way people are supposed to be treated  when coming to the forum  needing a little advice ? Name calling , unfounded accusations ? and even thinly veild  threats  against their accounts ?  If that is true ,, then I'm dumbfounded why anyone  would even bother .

Message 50 of 64
latest reply

I know you said you're new here, but can you actually use the quote button to quote the posters you're responding to? It makes for a much easier read.
Message 51 of 64
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/A-buyer-returned-purchase-but-refuses-to-state-the-reason/m-p/...

This is the link to the thread  in question and where all the problems occured . My last letter in THIS thread was sent to Tunicalot in response to the last message she sent me.  If you choose to check out the ''problemed ''  thread you should know ahead of time  that  some of the more offensive messages sent to me were removed  [I'm supposing by a mod] . I  was the OP  of that thread , and I had no reason to  begin it with anything considered to be rude  in which I didn't  , I was just asking for some advice .It was only after I was attacked  by some pretty brutal  messages from other posters that I felt the need to try and defend myself and my e bay business . 

Message 52 of 64
latest reply

I am feeling it. (Don't judge my listings, as they are over flow from my other id) My theory is global economic collapse. I'm not finding any positive news or results in various interest ventures. It's doom & gloom. One thing I am partially to blame for is embracing MINIMALISM ever since watching THE MINIMALIST on youtube. I had already been one before having kids, and now that kids are preparing to leave for college, I am getting rid of everything into a market without hardly any buyers left. I've read the millennials have put hundreds of businesses out of business by refusing to behave like their consumerist parents. Why buy what is already free from the elders or in thrift stores over flowing and clearancing everything. After the housing bubble burst, all the foreclosed upon famalies had no place to keep their collections of stuff. I have read that at least 1/5th of people today swear they will never buy a house. I honestly cannot afford all the hidden costs of ownership either but living in a falling apart house I own is much cheaper than rent. Who wants the American Dream when we've opened the doors to all the world's scavengers who arrive here needing free housing and free food but never progressive beyond the maternity ward which they return to every year after free subsequent pregnancy care? So, I am exaggerating a bit, but multiplied across the generations we find poverty is winning their war on the elite and middle class to strip us down to their level with us aiding them every step of the way. And we are the lucky Nation due to not having it as bad as Western Europe. Must not forget to mention most of the consumer's adult children are terrified of marriage and commitment because potential mates are so darn spoiled as to demand 100% gratification in every area of their contentment or else rage for a divorce AND none of them can afford a child or are willing to jeopardize their career in order to spend enough time with a child to bring them up well.

Message 53 of 64
latest reply

I am feeling it. (Don't judge my listings, as they are over flow from my other id) My theory is global economic collapse. I'm not finding any positive news or results in various interest ventures. It's doom & gloom. One thing I am partially to blame for is embracing MINIMALISM ever since watching THE MINIMALIST on youtube. I had already been one before having kids, and now that kids are preparing to leave for college, I am getting rid of everything into a market without hardly any buyers left. I've read the millennials have put hundreds of businesses out of business by refusing to behave like their consumerist parents. Why buy what is already free from the elders or in thrift stores over flowing and clearancing everything. After the housing bubble burst, nobody had a place to keep their collections of stuff and I have read that at least 1/5th of people today swear they will never buy a house. I honestly cannot afford all the hidden costs of ownership either but living in a falling apart house I own is much cheaper than rent. Who wants the American Dream when we've opened the doors to all the world's scavengers who arrive here needing free housing and free food but never progressive beyond the maternity ward which they return to every year after free subsequent pregnancy care? So, I am exaggerating a bit, but multiplied across the generations we find poverty is winning their war on the elite and middle class to strip us down to their level with us aiding them every step of the way. And we are the lucky Nation due to not having it as bad as Western Europe. Must not forget to mention most of the consumer's adult children are terrified of marriage and commitment because potential mates are so darn spoiled as to demand 100% gratification in every area of their contentment or else rage for a divorce AND none of them can afford a child or are willing to jeopardize their career in order to spend enough time with a child to bring them up well.

Message 54 of 64
latest reply

there is a large internet breakdown major metro centers w/ comcast outages, maybe that is why slow sales? can't access internet? 

Message 55 of 64
latest reply

Thanks for posting about THE MINIMALIST on youtube . I checked it out and what a education since im trying to understand this generation.
Message 56 of 64
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

No kidding. Does that mean tweak them up or down? And why advise the OP to try BIN when most of their current and past listings have already been BIN? (The completed BINS just dropped off their history today; there were about 25 of them) thatsallfolks -------------- 

Tweaking  the prices up or  down is up to the OP to decide after he takes a look at what other sellers  are listing their like  items for .  Furthermore the advice he's received by other sellers here seems a bit more encourging  than  the translated version  of  ''just give up , you'll never get anywhere '' . Just asking,,, but when you said you're a seasoned seller  did you mean a seasoned e bay seller ? because you've only been a member for about a year and have zero feedback from what I can tell .

Sounds like a posting id to me.

Message 57 of 64
latest reply

Here's what I think. Call it absurd if anyone wants too. Tell me I wear a tinfoil hat because I do wear it proudly. Eventually CASSINI finds everyone. It found me in 2012. I dare anyone to look at the years of my PERFECT feedback. All of a sudden in one days time, may 31st 2012-June 1st 2012,we were totally shut off. I am not a computer guru, but I think it systematically goes thru all the small sellers and shuts then off. Shutting people off is the easiest way to get rid of them, Ebay wants to be Amazon. Cater too huge sellers and the chinese. Now if it does it by catagory, item types,  I dont know. Wish a tech brainy type would come along and post what they think. Because something is definetly going on. We have been on here 20 years. so I am no newbie.

Message 58 of 64
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@turquoisetulips wrote:

You've been active on the forums for two years, but you're still not aware of posting IDs? That's odd.thatsallfolks ---------unquote 

I've only been active in these forums a month or so ,,not two years .Its possible I may have made a comment here two years ago ,, but I wasn't actively coming in every month  or even every year .

Ok. Many active posters use a separate ID to avoid having rogue members mess with their selling accounts. Unfortunately, it has happened to some people, with very damaging results.

I can attest to that, but this is who I am and I cannot be bothered to change.

Message 59 of 64
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

This is the type of response that got people so heated on the other thread.  It's not what we say but how we say it!  tunicaslot  - unquote  -------------------------------

And  some posters forget that same mantra  goes BOTH ways . I'm sorry  but it seems like  only certain replies are considered rude  but  also seem to be labeled  carefully  as such  out of personal bias by some people   . Rudeness,  unprovoked and  unexplainable hostility  has abounded  in these   forums from all kinds of people .  . My own ''rude''  comments  came AFTER   statements were made ABOUT  me like   - QUOTE '' She has acknowleged what she's doing is  wrong  over and over but refuses to  take our  advice''  . UNQUOTE --- However the facts are  I never acknowleged any such thing ,, and furthermore I proved that I didn't . Its also been claimed  that I'm just bored and lonely and that's why I come to the forum UNQUOTE ,, but that isn't the truth either  . Its also been claimed  that I only post comments for attention ,UNQUOTE  when in fact I'm only responding to messages people send me first,, not to get attention.  . So another lie . I've been accused of criminal activity when nobody knows for absolute certain that is even  true . In fact everything I said in defense  of my sale items  using just basic polite  common sense was met with just more and more negativity and  nasty accusations  . Its as though if you come to this forum asking a simple polite question  to get help ,,you then become a sitting duck for insults , rude comments  and false assumptions  without any  provocation  what so ever at the onset . So my question is pretty simple .  Why are some people attacked for defending themselves  but  others are  allowed to make false accusations and outright lie about the motives of people they don't personally know and even assume what their  personal lives are all about ?  Why is that okay  but if you defend yourself in return that's a big no no ?  I've been a buyer and seller on e bay for 21 years , I'm also an e bay affiliate,,  so here's my second question that I don't know the answer to  . How are people suppose to respond who  have been insulted , accused  and  ridiculed  inside these forums ? You tell me . Thank you 

I can only say what I do. I leave the thread. Simple. It won't stop until I do. I go find some other question to help with.

Message 60 of 64
latest reply