cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales Past 2 Days - How Long System Status shown outages?

Last sale was Saturday, not highly unusual to have 1 or 2 sales then have a day or so quiet but then checked system status early this morn and again 5 min ago and same thing...has this been since Saturday? The "disruptions"?

IMG_3803.jpg 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: No Sales Past 2 Days - How Long System Status shown outages?

Mine is up 4 months. I'll be downgrading for sure. 

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

velvet@ebay 

rarely seen "service interruptions"  going on for this long.......since 6/22.........did someone forget to update the page?

Hi @dhbookds! The shipping one is related to an issue some sellers are experiencing where they mark an item as shipped but nothing happens. It appears to correct itself a little while later, but of course, that should be updating once marked as shipped. 

The sign in one is related to a login loop within some account activities. Again, not everyone is experiencing it, but enough to warrant the system status update. 

velvet@ebay  what other things are going on, as you can see, not just myself, but other sellers who have sales daily and multiple have not had any in at least past 3-4 days... something isn't right.

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

only two sales in the last three days, yes its summer and everything else going on, but I dont know what ebay has done, its only hurting them and sellers too. Something has to get fixed.

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

velvet@ebay 

rarely seen "service interruptions"  going on for this long.......since 6/22.........did someone forget to update the page?

Hi @dhbookds! The shipping one is related to an issue some sellers are experiencing where they mark an item as shipped but nothing happens. It appears to correct itself a little while later, but of course, that should be updating once marked as shipped. 

The sign in one is related to a login loop within some account activities. Again, not everyone is experiencing it, but enough to warrant the system status update. 

velvet@ebay  what other things are going on, as you can see, not just myself, but other sellers who have sales daily and multiple have not had any in at least past 3-4 days... something isn't right.

I'm not aware of any tech type issues that would be affecting sales @nuclearomen

Velvet,
eBay
Message 19 of 36
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

I'm not aware of any tech type issues that would be affecting sales @nuclearomen

velvet@ebay thanks, nothing your aware of, understand, but something is going on, too much coincidence that so many sellers sale just suddenly stopped. I even ran 2 sales this weekend, one public, one for my repeat buyers (that was quite a bit more discount then the public one) and nothing, not even a inbox. 

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

Yesterday noticed that Combined Shipping had been deselected on all my listings. Also on my other account.

Tried to do an edit using bulk edit, but the change doesn't stick.

Checked my shipping preferences and and combined shipping in and they were OK.

Did an individual listing edit and the change sticks. But when trying the bulk edit it undoes the setting.

Tested the combined shipping and it is not working.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

velvet@ebay 

velvet@ebay  I don't see either of those issues listed in the ongoing technical issues post.

If they are issues that are impacting a large enough group of sellers across multiple eBay sites to warrant having them noted on the system status page, it would seem to me that would also warrant a sticky post in technical issues section of the community.

On the shipping issue - will sellers be protected from late shipment dings? There is one seller on the UK boards saying they currently have 240 late shipments because of it. 😲

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

velvet@ebay 

velvet@ebay  I don't see either of those issues listed in the ongoing technical issues post.

If they are issues that are impacting a large enough group of sellers across multiple eBay sites to warrant having them noted on the system status page, it would seem to me that would also warrant a sticky post in technical issues section of the community.

On the shipping issue - will sellers be protected from late shipment dings? There is one seller on the UK boards saying they currently have 240 late shipments because of it. 😲

Good call out @valueaddedresource, I've added them to the tech post.

As for shipment dings, we'd encourage that member to contact Customer Support. Given the status updating (albeit some time later), we're not anticipating widespread late shipments. If that changes though, and sellers are experiencing late shipments due to this issue before it's fixed, then I'll add a note in the tech post.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 23 of 36
latest reply

With 215 listings, don't expect daily sales. I have to have around 320 listings or more to average at least one sale a day, but that is average. Some days (usually around paydays), there are 5 or more sales in a day. It all averages out. 

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

And..for 2 weeks now i cannot share on social media keep getting errors - I have seen other sellers on here commenting also - still nothing has been fixed, add to really no sales..what a mess

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

Wow

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

Does reporting no sales low sales even being taken into account by Ebay? Do they care? 

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

@caseypl wrote:

With 215 listings, don't expect daily sales. I have to have around 320 listings or more to average at least one sale a day, but that is average. Some days (usually around paydays), there are 5 or more sales in a day. It all averages out. 

if noting me, i have 215 active listings with inventory as of today (i have more but the others I have not re-entered stock yet), and so you know, I do have sales every day, in fact I have multiple sales everyday - usually as the common - and by everyday i mean everyday, for months on end, year to year. I've heard people say stuff like this before, like having less inventory then someone making the comment means you can't possibly have sales everyday - that's **bleep** - no other way to say it. 

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

@nilis13 wrote:

And..for 2 weeks now i cannot share on social media keep getting errors - I have seen other sellers on here commenting also - still nothing has been fixed, add to really no sales..what a mess

@nilis13 idk about that, I don't use social mis-media (lol) - seriously I don't, removed from all "social" platforms almost 4 years ago now, buyers I had from there know my contact info outside of here, still sell to them and some of those are regular buyers here also. 

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

@partfinds wrote:

Does reporting no sales low sales even being taken into account by Ebay? Do they care? 

of course not, but it's fun to come here and join the party anyways, voice yourself...they still don't care, but at least can see if others experiencing same issues(s) or not. 

Message 30 of 36
latest reply