cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New videos "under review" for a seemingly long time

It has been nice being able to load a short video clip into photo section of a listing, but it has been disappointing to see that some of the videos I loaded over a week ago still show as, "under review," meaning they are not yet visible to prospective buyers.  Has anyone any experience or insight on the time-frame for getting these approved and officially into the listings?  Sometimes I mention a video in the listing, and then it still isn't there many days later.  Early on, it seemed they were approved within a day or so, which was fine.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Per eBay's policy page: Once your video is uploaded, it will be reviewed and posted to your listing within 48 hours. However, it can take up to seven business days to review and post a product video during occasional peak periods. 

I don't believe this would be a peak period, but either way you said it's been over a week already.

What would be next steps a seller should take in this situation velvet@ebay? If @electrola_man were to contact customer service via the call back option on this page, would the CS rep have the ability to escalate their listings for prompt video review or is there another avenue the seller should take?

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for pointing that out.  "...up to seven business days" could be more than a week since it could include at least one and possibly two weekends.  It is disappointing that it could take that long.  Maybe listings could be scheduled to go live out sometime in the future, where hopefully the review is done before the listing shows up to prospective buyers.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ebay may be backed up with them and perhaps they are behind. Not unusual.  Many of the posters here know that glitches, problems with listings, etc. can take a while to be resolved here on Ebay.

Some times even longer.   😐

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

so evidently ebay is doing a manual review of every video?

This seems to me to be unnecessary especially for those who follow all the other rules.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Per eBay's policy page: Once your video is uploaded, it will be reviewed and posted to your listing within 48 hours. However, it can take up to seven business days to review and post a product video during occasional peak periods. 

I don't believe this would be a peak period, but either way you said it's been over a week already.

What would be next steps a seller should take in this situation velvet@ebay? If @electrola_man were to contact customer service via the call back option on this page, would the CS rep have the ability to escalate their listings for prompt video review or is there another avenue the seller should take?

Hi @wastingtime101! I found an open ticket for this and have added it to the tech post here

@electrola_man you can visit that post to see what info Customer Support will need to add your account to the ticket and if you come across anyone else experiencing it, please be sure to direct them to that tech post so they can get their accounts added to the ticket as well. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I was surprised to see tonight that a video that had added to a listing on June 8, 2022, was still "under review" today, July, 11, 2022. Even after a month it has not been reviewed.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I just had this same problem. I added a video on 7.21.22  as of 7.28.22 it was still under review. I called ebay they said they would escalate it and put in a ticket. 😂 She also said to take the video out and try loading it again. ----I did. I called ebay AGAIN on 8.1.22 because it was still under review. she gave me a service number and said she would escalate it...............😆........... we'll see...... The first video I ever posted going thru ebay got posted within hours. This is ridiculous.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

And yet, miracles DO happen....I put up a listing earlier today, revised it tonight by uploading a short (about 30 seconds) video, and within about....wait for it....five minutes it was approved and was live in my listing.

I guess it proves ebay can make a quick determination, but that begs the question: why isn't this more typical?

I have no idea. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

When ebay first rolled out videos it worked fine for me, now videos stay under revision forever, 2,3, 4 weeks, it wont change, the only thing that seems to "sometimes" work is revising the listing, I have to delete the "under review" video and upload it again, sometimes this will fix it, however, is a lot of wasted time to do this with each listing, my account has so man so called "glitches" by ebay, some been going on for over 7 months, I wonder if I get a store subscription I would have better luck with ebay actually fixing these issues on my account., 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

This is hopeless. I will have to end my listing in 3 days due to moving and my video still isn't displayed. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hello all.

I was having problems with the video seemingly taking forever to get reviewed. The simple mistake that I was making is that after uploading my video, I simply closed the page. What I should have down is simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the blue space that says REVISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! duh....lol

Message 12 of 12
latest reply