cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "Partner Fee"

Has anyone else notice on this months PayPal transaction history you will find a new "Partner Fee".  It has no description where it is from or who is charging it, but PayPal advises it is charged by ebay or an associate of  ebay regarding the collection of sales tax. It appears as if it could be the equivalent of the amount of sales tax collected when you make a sale in a state that requires that sales tax be collected, and deducted from your PayPal account.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

New "Partner Fee"

@brhines2012 wrote:

Has anyone else notice on this months PayPal transaction history you will find a new "Partner Fee".  It has no description where it is from or who is charging it, but PayPal advises it is charged by ebay or an associate of  ebay regarding the collection of sales tax. It appears as if it could be the equivalent of the amount of sales tax collected when you make a sale in a state that requires that sales tax be collected, and deducted from your PayPal account.

Bingo.  As of November we pay the processing fees on sales tax paid by the buyer.

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

AND we have to sort it as a separate line item on our 1099 because it's now all bundled together in the Paypal system. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@brhines2012 wrote:

Bingo.  As of November we pay the processing fees on sales tax paid by the buyer.

I just downloaded my PayPal info for November and was surprised to see all these lines for "Partner Fee."  I've been reading up on it.  It looks like it is time to increase the handling charge a little more if we're now paying a fee on tax collected.  I only had $97 in these Partner Fees, but it looks like that cost me $97 X .029 = $2.81.  Not a lot, but one less hamburger per month and a bit more accounting work to deal with this new thing that will affect the last two months of the year.

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

Funny how we're always "partners" when it's costing US money.
Message 5 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

Now I'm craving a hamburger.  It will take my mind off all that danged parsing for taxes.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

@chapeau-noir wrote:

AND we have to sort it as a separate line item on our 1099 because it's now all bundled together in the Paypal system. 

Yep.

I object to the way they're doing it on principle, but most of my angst is reserved for it making more "busywork" record keeping that SHOULD be handled transparently.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

Slightly less than 3 cents per transaction.  Hardly worth even thinking about, let alone changing all your listings to add to the handling fees. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 8 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

@pink.fish.rule wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Yep.

I object to the way they're doing it on principle, but most of my angst is reserved for it making more "busywork" record keeping that SHOULD be handled transparently.

I've narrowly avoided a tax-headache trifecta for 2019:  Sorting state tax payments, going on Social Security AND being pushed into Managed Payments. 

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

And where can you get a hamburger for $2.81?  Around here they are $10.00.  No fast food franchises here. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 10 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

I live in a stupid expensive area and you can get them at MickyD's - not sure I'd want one, though - the last time I had a burger there was when I was working late and nothing else was open, and I had to eat something because I had a 15-mile bike ride home. So I go in there and order a burger.  What I got was a thing containing a gray patty (mystery meat? mouse flesh?) with a single soggy pickle slice on it, enrobed in a gluey white substance called a "bun".  And it didn't even stick to my ribs - by the time I got home I was hungry again.

Definitely wasn't worth counting up all of those 3 cent surcharges.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

Now I want me some worm burgers.
Message 12 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

@myboardid wrote:

Slightly less than 3 cents per transaction.  Hardly worth even thinking about, let alone changing all your listings to add to the handling fees. 

Three cents here, five cents there... pretty soon you'll have even less cents than you do already...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 13 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Just as all the fees on PP, you can download the detail transaction report and everything is broken out.

PP Transaction Report.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 42
latest reply

New "Partner Fee"

We haven't been able to find the sales tax (partner?) fee totals added to our payments received yet?  We looked at the seller hub link in the announcement and on paypal.  Can someone please give me directions.   Will they be itemized on the sales reports I print monthly?

Message 15 of 42
latest reply