cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New USPS rates

If something sells today and you don't print the shipping label until Monday will you have to pay the new rate? The buyer has paid postage based on the old rates.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

New USPS rates

Yes.  You will have to pay the new rates starting tomorrow.

You can purchase the label tonight and date it for Monday.

I just had a sale.  It's 32 cents cheaper for me to buy it today.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

As noted in the other post, you should purchase your shipping label TONIGHT before the rates go up. Just be sure to select Monday as the date to print on the label.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

When I went to print 3 labels this afternoon, I chose Monday as the ship date (since my carrier already picked up for the day) and it showed the new rate which was more than what the customer paid. With fees and the new rate it was a loss. I switched it back to ship Saturday and it went back to the old rate. I guess if you print the label before 12 am pacific it’s the old rate. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

Also wanted to say that the mobile app is  showing the new rate in the “list view”. Padded flat rate $8 but the  shipping details section still shows $7.25.  Not sure which rate the customer will be charged though1/26 - already showing new PFRE rate1/26 - already showing new PFRE rate

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

@gdiesel70 wrote:

When I went to print 3 labels this afternoon, I chose Monday as the ship date (since my carrier already picked up for the day) and it showed the new rate which was more than what the customer paid. With fees and the new rate it was a loss. I switched it back to ship Saturday and it went back to the old rate. I guess if you print the label before 12 am pacific it’s the old rate. 

Hrm… when using the new shipping label platform and choosing Monday (default was today/Sat), I was given the new rate.

When I switched to the classic label platform, it defaulted to a Monday shipping date and is giving me today's rate.

I was going to eat the 32 cents and buy Monday so the customer didn't get the 'your item is shipped' message, but I was looking at the CommBase pricing and not CommPlus.  The difference is 53 cents, so I'm buying it now  lol 

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

@lintbrush* wrote:

Yes.  You will have to pay the new rates starting tomorrow.

You can purchase the label tonight and date it for Monday.

I just had a sale.  It's 32 cents cheaper for me to buy it today.

I am seeing something different...if I print the label right now and change the shipping date to Monday the price is at the new rates.  If I could ship right now and have the shipping date as today (Sat) it would be at the old rate.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

@mcdougle4248 

Yah - I did a follow up.

In the past, the new rates didn't kick in until they were actually in effect, so you could buy the day before the rate change and be fine.

And that still seems to be in effect on the classic label page, but it isn't on the new shipping page.

I just bought a Monday dated label for today's prices.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

@lintbrush* wrote:

@mcdougle4248 

Yah - I did a follow up.

In the past, the new rates didn't kick in until they were actually in effect, so you could buy the day before the rate change and be fine.

And that still seems to be in effect on the classic label page, but it isn't on the new shipping page.

@lintbrush*   Thanks, I will try the classic label page right now.  

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

Interesting! I just checked, and USPS Click N Ship is showing the same -- old rate if I select today, new rate if I select Monday.  I'm certain that in past years we were able to pay old rates if selecting Monday but I guess I'l have to revise my advice, to include "use the classic form, not the new form OR USPS". 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

Also, just for the record: the current (old) Commercial Base rates are showing up even if I choose Monday's date in www.PayPal.com/shipnow

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

It'll all be over and done with in about 2 hours for me anyway - and up to 7 hr  for HI

(oh but I did post in the other thread about the actual Priority price I would've been charged on the new label page - which isn't a Commercial published rate - but 3% off one)

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@lintbrush* wrote:

@mcdougle4248 

Yah - I did a follow up.

@lintbrush*   Thanks, I will try the classic label page right now.  

@lintbrush* Classic label page, ship date Monday, old rates.  Thank you.  I am just a wee bit embarrassed on how happy I feel to have saved 30 cents.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

I've never checked  on whether the rates change everywhere simultaneously, or hour-by-hour at midnight in the sender's local time zone.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

New USPS rates

Yes, but what will the POST OFFICE do on Monday when you have a label with Monday's date with old rates? I have 7 packages I would like to print labels for tonight, but not if it means 7 customers will get hit with postage due

Message 15 of 22
latest reply