cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback customer returned another item.

I have a customer who first left a negative feedback "The item doesn't work at all, bad communication" .

Then sends a message " the MB doesn't work at all, I need to return it". I feel if the customer wasn't happy I can certainly understand his reason behind leaving the negative feedback . I sent hime this message "I've sent you the a return label once we get the item back and confirm the CPU and the condition we'll make a refund."  Everything is good I have no problem refunding him.

I got the item back and it wasn't the item I sold them.  The customer writes to me "The item was returned and delivered. I'm waiting for the refund." Prior to the customer messaging me I reached out to ebay regarding the issue they said they've made notes to his account.  

Message I sent " We got the motherboard this week and as soon we got the unit we notice the unit that we got wasn't the one we sold.
I attached the photos of the package, I'm unsure if the wrong one was sent back. I've went ahead and pointed out the difference. We still can make the full refund once we get the original board. "

Customer hasn't written back, one of the big issues is if the customer opens a case on paypal they would mostly side with the customer and I'm out of a board and money.  I could understand why ebay is developing  it own payment system to give greater control to customer protection. 

I just wanted to share my story, we did everything to be fair but you still can get hurt. I'll be calling ebay to see if they can remove the negative most likey no. We work super hard to be transaparent with all our customer but there's away a few bad apples.

Michael Stubblebine
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Negative feedback customer returned another item.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @southeasterndatafl, when looking into this transaction it does appear the purchase was made in February and that no return was opened on the eBay site within the eligibility timeframe. If this is for a different account or another item, definitely let me know and I can contact you via email to get the details. Though we are limited in what feedback we can remove, I'm happy to have this reviewed. Additionally, as it does look like this is outside of our eBay Money Back Guarantee timeframes you are empowered to work with the buyer as you see fit to get this resolved as eBay won't be stepping in. Keep in mind, however, that the buyer may have options through PayPal or their financial institution

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Customer never opened a case and never reply. If I'm not mistaken next week on the 6th would be his last time he can open a case. He never replied to my message I just wanted to bring awareness to the issuse. Thanks for the help

Michael Stubblebine
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Your 4 other Negs and 5 Neutrals in the last 6 months raise a few questions.  Your replies could be better too.

On this issue, if the buyer is in the US, you might look at Small Claims action.  There are hoops to jump through, but if you're absolutely certain of your position it might be worth it.  If you're an established business, you may have some options through Collections or Credit Reporting Agencies.  You would have to look into those to see about any conditions or qualifiers.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply