cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback from Angry Buyer

I accidentally listed four pairs of earrings for $8 and sold two pairs for $6.40 after a 20% discount sale to a buyer on May 11. I immediately realized that I had paid $6 for them and raised the price on the remaining two pairs to $12 ($9.60 after discount), but the buyer wanted to buy the last two pairs for the same price today (May 22). I told him that I made a mistake and suggested that he make a  Best Offer for $8 or that I would let him have them for $7 if he purchased 10 or more pairs, but he got mad and left negative feedback after saying that I was "greedy" and that he would have been my "most loyal customer" if I hadn't raised the price. He has a feedback rating of 69. I reported him to eBay and blocked him, but what are the chances that eBay will remove that negative fedback? Thanks.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Seems to me that you shuold be able to get this removed by contacting ebay. Be persistant. The feedback has nothing to do with the transaction that was completed. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Seems to me that you shuold be able to get this removed by contacting ebay. Be persistant. The feedback has nothing to do with the transaction that was completed. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Thank you so much for replying. That's very reassuring. I have been on eBay since 2001 and since 2004 as a seller and have gotten very few negative efeedbacks and none in the past year or so.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Feedback should qualify for removal due to as another poster pointed out it has nothing to do with the actual transactions. But this is e$bay so until you call, only then will the outcome be revealed. And, giving a reply to the feedback in our opinion was a bad choice. Attempt to remove the feedback should have been done first and only after e$bay not removing the feedback would then a reply to the negatives been warranted. Now a problem may occur - an e$Bay rep refusing to remove due to you giving a reply.  Stranger instances have been encountered and posted in this forum. Should that be the case you will need to call and call until you possibly reach an understanding rep. that will remove the feedback.

Don't forget to add that customer to your Best Buddy List (BBL).

@lapisconnection wrote:

I accidentally listed four pairs of earrings for $8 and sold two pairs for $6.40 after a 20% discount sale to a buyer on May 11. I immediately realized that I had paid $6 for them and raised the price on the remaining two pairs to $12 ($9.60 after discount), but the buyer wanted to buy the last two pairs for the same price today (May 22). I told him that I made a mistake and suggested that he make a  Best Offer for $8 or that I would let him have them for $7 if he purchased 10 or more pairs, but he got mad and left negative feedback after saying that I was "greedy" and that he would have been my "most loyal customer" if I hadn't raised the price. He has a feedback rating of 69. I reported him to eBay and blocked him, but what are the chances that eBay will remove that negative fedback? Thanks.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

As posted call ebay
do you have ebay messages from this buyer looking to purchase at old price?
Many times sellers with stores like you or me may run sales, if a buyer doesn't purchase during sale it's not your issue
That feedback has nothing to do with the 1st purchase and that is what you need to tell the CS rep.

(Wait let me go to Macy's today let then know how greedy they are because I missed last weeks 1 day super sale)   Smiley Surprised
SMH at some buyers

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Mornin,

If this is not one of the easiest feed backs to have removed by Ebay I do not know what is.

So frustrating when those that love to take advantage of an error can no longer get their way so they shout out to the world that they have been stopped from being pampered.

It's amazing how frequently folks will love to support your failings but seldom want to support your successes.

Hopefully this will just be a story with a good ending you will be able to talk about some day as an example of an entitlement society.

Mr C
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Personally I would have sold them for the original price. I've done it myself. Raised a price on something on my website, the buyer says, it was this price before? I put it back down for them. I'd rather have happy buyers than make a couple of bucks.

I don't think it's entitlement. If they see it at a price then I change it, that's grounds for an unhappy buyer. While I think the negative is over the top, I would have handled the whole thing differently.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I really want eBay to stop hiding the ID of buyers. Every time I see a buyer leave angry negative feedback over a cheap item, I wish I could add them to my blocked list. It seems like cheap items cause more negative feedbacks than anything else. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

They got the items they paid for at the discounted price, you can't be angry if a price goes up later for any reason especially a mistake price coupled with a discount, do you go to the grocery store and yell at them because you missed a sale and you want it for the sale price which is no longer active?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@slati_2013, I feel exactly the same way.  I really want to protect myself and my items since nobody else has my best interests at heart.   It used to be so good!

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Your response could have been better.  Other buyers, not seeing this thread,  may think you were greedy too.  You should have made it clear that your raised prices were separate from the transaction in question.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Yes, I have their messages asking to buy at the older price and calling me greedy.
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I just offered to sell them the earrings for $7 instead of $6.40 and they went ballistic.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Isn't it obvious that I raised the price after they made their purchase?
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

ebay removed the negative feedback after one call and about 30 minutes. 🙂

Message 15 of 19
latest reply