cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native American Non-Tribe Items

This is the 4th time I have run into this issue.  Previously, I spent 4 hours on the phone and chat with no resolution.  When listing an item that has a Native American theme but is not from a tribe, the listing gets an OPPS message that will not go away and will not allow you to list.  This time it is a set of salt and pepper shakers with children in native dress.  Does anyone know of a work around?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Did you try to list just as salt and pepper shakers with no reference to the specific subject?  The pictures will tell the story.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The work around would be to not use the words Native American. You can still describe your S&P shakers without using that word. Your photos will also work for letting buyers see what is depicted. I listed a pair of bronze beaded feather earrings that were hitting the same snag as you. So I just described them not using those key words, and along with the photos, they sold rather quickly. Best of luck to you....

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@at610 

I understand, just take really great pictures and title it: Southwestern inspired costumed children  salt & pepper shakers.

Boy and this is what our world has become now.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Will it accept Indian instead of Native American?

VintageCarMagazines

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@at610 wrote:

When listing an item that has a Native American theme but is not from a tribe, the listing gets an OPPS message that will not go away and will not allow you to list.  This time it is a set of salt and pepper shakers with children in native dress.  Does anyone know of a work around?

Those salt and pepper shakers violate eBay's "Offensive materials policy." 

You're asking other members to help you violate an eBay policy.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

When my computer screen locks because of this i have to go to my phone. The listing is usually saved as a draft there. Then change title and or category.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

No and don't take the risk of trying it either.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

What is frustrating is 4 of the same sets sold in the last 30 days using Native American or Indian.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply