cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT Kewl E-Bay - Changed my Listings to Show 4-Day FREE Shipping in RED Letters - Don't Offer That

Just received a message asking if the "FREE 4 Day Shipping" shown in my listing meant it would arrive before Easter?

I have a 3-day handling selected right now (yes, we usually ship same day, but since the USPS shipping debacle, we changed it and like the flexibility)

I do NOT offer Free 4-day shipping.  Well, guess what - e-Bay has decided to changed ALL my Free listings to say this now.  And I looked - they all show a 3 day handling time....  WTH??  

Thank goodness for Bulk Edit - the only way I could get it to not show on the listings was to chose "Economy" as the choice for my shipping - it cannot say 1st Class or USPS Parcel Post - What on earth is happening?????

(And NO - today is Thursday, it will likely not be there by Sunday.  *sigh*)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

NOT Kewl E-Bay - Changed my Listings to Show 4-Day FREE Shipping in RED Letters - Don't Offer That

This has happened before. Some youtubers were saying its a glitch for people that list on their phones. ebay just changed it to free shipping without consent. It is a glitch but ebay refused to admit it ( what else is new) for the longest time. They tried to blame the sellers but the sellers exposed them on youtube.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

This is on listings with Media Mail also and the same 3-day handling.  ARGGGG!

This is a mess.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

Just received a message asking if the "FREE 4 Day Shipping" shown in my listing meant it would arrive before Easter?

I have a 3-day handling selected right now (yes, we usually ship same day, but since the USPS shipping debacle, we changed it and like the flexibility)

I do NOT offer Free 4-day shipping.  Well, guess what - e-Bay has decided to changed ALL my Free listings to say this now.  And I looked - they all show a 3 day handling time....  WTH??  

Thank goodness for Bulk Edit - the only way I could get it to not show on the listings was to chose "Economy" as the choice for my shipping - it cannot say 1st Class or USPS Parcel Post - What on earth is happening?????

(And NO - today is Thursday, it will likely not be there by Sunday.  *sigh*)

The other easy fix for this problem is to maintain your preferred shipping method and then charge for shipping. Even if you only charge $0.01 for shipping it will eliminate that message being displayed on your listings.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

April Fools?

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Cool not kewl. One is correct, the other is juvenile

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

I wish - unfortunately no.  It took me a while to get all my listings revised - the mass edit kept hanging when I would do more than 50 at a time.

This is not just my listings - noticing it everywhere.  I used my $25 free supply allotment tonight to get mailers and it showed up for e-Bay supplies at checkout "Free 4 day Shipping".

I had many of mine set to Free shipping and selected USPS Parcel Post or USPS 1st Class.  Even on Media Mail, that is what is showed on the listing.  In the left-hand search features it allows you to search by 1-day to 1-4 shipping.  I have a 3 day handling default and USPS PP shows 2-10 days.  No idea how that equates to "4 Day Free Shipping".  So glad the buyer emailed us - except all those we sold today show the 4 days, so folks will be expecting them in 4 days on 4/5.    

Posting ID Only.......
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

This has happened before. Some youtubers were saying its a glitch for people that list on their phones. ebay just changed it to free shipping without consent. It is a glitch but ebay refused to admit it ( what else is new) for the longest time. They tried to blame the sellers but the sellers exposed them on youtube.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

I often list using an I-pad.....interesting.  My listings said 4 day free shipping and I have 3 going to CA cross country, so am betting they will not arrive on Monday.  Wish I had noticed before I shipped everything today at noon.  Did upgrade 2 from media to 1st class, but still - just always something.

well, I spent all evening on it, so got little else done.  Thanks for the info though - just a mess.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

I often list using an I-pad.....interesting.  My listings said 4 day free shipping and I have 3 going to CA cross country, so am betting they will not arrive on Monday.  Wish I had noticed before I shipped everything today at noon.  Did upgrade 2 from media to 1st class, but still - just always something.

well, I spent all evening on it, so got little else done.  Thanks for the info though - just a mess.

eBay continues to use our "historical" actual handling time. That is part of why the "4 day" shows up.

I have, as another poster suggested, been changing my shipping from free to 1 cent to get away for that nonsense for a while now.

Also, I think that 4 day means business day, not calendar day, but still nonsense for those of us with 3 day handling.

I have things that are taking 3 days to get to the "instate regional facility".  Not getting delivered anywhere in 4 days when that happens.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

I have, as another poster suggested, been changing my shipping from free to 1 cent to get away for that nonsense for a while now.

So how does that work exactly?  Does it hurt you in the search since the listings are not free?  What shipping service selection do you use for the 0.01 cent shipping cost?  thx

Posting ID Only.......
Message 10 of 32
latest reply

I wouldn't change your listing's shipping or handling time because of this. If there is a problem call support, they will fix it.

I always wondered if part of the problem here is that you are looking at the listing  (as a viewer) from the same zip code that the listing is in. Buyers want things quick, and they have pay for that elsewhere.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

The shipping problems never stop lately...

Lately ALL of our items that have a handling time above 1 day are showing up as "4 day shipping" no matter what! We even have a specific category of products that is 10 or 15 days handling time, and they are coming up as "Get it in 4 days"! 

EBay has been aware of this issue for nearly a month now and it's still not fixed. Very frustrating!

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

@lowcostsales2014 wrote:

I won't list on my phone and now I won't do basic things on it.  It's a pain in the ____ to have to make sure there isn't some sort of default setting that even if you change it always reverts back next time or item.   For instance yesterday I was on the road and wanted to send offers on a couple items.  While I do it all the time on my laptop, everytime I do it on my phone "allow counteroffers" are enabled.  I missed it yesterday in my haste and got 3 out of the 4 items counteroffered.  Not a real big deal BUT **bleep**.   And that's not the only thing  so now I am just staying off the cell completely as far as any transacting is concerned. Just to check on stuff but anythinf I have to reply to or input will wait til I am on laptop or PC.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

If you posted under your selling ID, we could actually look at what the shipping shows when we view them and help you more. No reason not to for this type of topic.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

The shipping problems never stop lately...

Lately ALL of our items that have a handling time above 1 day are showing up as "4 day shipping" no matter what! We even have a specific category of products that is 10 or 15 days handling time, and they are coming up as "Get it in 4 days"! 

EBay has been aware of this issue for nearly a month now and it's still not fixed. Very frustrating!

I doubt that they are working to fix it, as I do not think that they even think it is an "issue".

They have stopped showing GD, and are displaying the "4 day shipping".

Removing the GD which would fall on eBay, and replacing it with the "4 day" buyer expectation puts it all on the seller when a buyer is disappointed by their expectations not being met.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply