cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SALES

It is August 24th , I have had no sales since August 16th. I feel invisible , only one question what is going on ?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: NO SALES

A lot has changed since Covid-19. There are far less people employed and some who are still employed are making less than they used to because their hours have been cut. The $600 extra in unemployment benefits that people used to get weekly has expired so these and other factors are going to affect sales including sales on eBay. 

I've seen videos of some sellers on YouTube who said their sales have increased. You might watch some of their videos to see if you can pick up some helpful advice or tips that you might be able to use to increase your sales.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

A little phenomenon called FREE LISTINGS.  Sellers scream for them yet forget that (contrary to what folks here seem to think) they clog up the site.    There is only so much room on front pages.   Plus all the other factors.....economy, fed windfall dried up, folks buying necessesities, saving their money to pay value taxes, etc.    

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Obviously, we can all only speak to what our personal experiences are, but from my experience, free listings are not affecting this situation at all.  I can say with (personal) surety that I got far more free listings in 2018 and 2019 (average of 900+ free listings per month across 3 accounts) then i do now, post listing stimulus (600 free listings per month since July).  My sales have dropped since July 1, and have been almost non-existent since July 31.  I think this is a combo of summer doldrums (people vacationing/being outside) and the end of stimulus from the pandemic (stimulus has run out, unemployment boost expired, real unemployment rate between 10-20%).  I expect that, if a new plan goes through congress that puts some cash into people's hands, we will see sales go up.  

otherwise, i expect that we are seeing a microcosm of the larger economy, with natural exceptions.  I sell things for fun, not that people need, so when disposable income dries up, so do my sales.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's August.

I can't speak for any other part of the country, but here people are outside, doing outdoor stuff (farming, gardening, boating, fishing...then come September you have hunting season). They're not shopping.  My sales drop by about half every single summer, from around the end of April/beginning of May until mid October or so. They stay pretty good from then on until the next summer.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

What about the item you just sold 2 days ago....the 22nd?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I think it may have to do with all the bad press the US Postal Service is getting. I'm thinking about adding Fedex to my shipping options.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

yes, that was good then................................................

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Well you posted on the 24th saying no sales since the 16th..........

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

A lot has changed since Covid-19. There are far less people employed and some who are still employed are making less than they used to because their hours have been cut. The $600 extra in unemployment benefits that people used to get weekly has expired so these and other factors are going to affect sales including sales on eBay. 

I've seen videos of some sellers on YouTube who said their sales have increased. You might watch some of their videos to see if you can pick up some helpful advice or tips that you might be able to use to increase your sales.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply