cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

I am a fairly high volume seller.

This NEW page "My ebay active" is supposed to make things easier, as they say.

well the ebay buyer link doesn't show.  I like to see who my customers are at a glance.

the items with bids on them are not clearly marked, the print is too small.

time left,  same thing too small.

The items with bids should be in GREEN, not BLACK.

you can choose "auctions only"  but I had the old page set that way and did not have to select it every time I wanted auctions only, (I sell buy it now's also).

my running totals are no longer on the left side of the page, I need to go to SOLD ITEMS to see that.

there is more space per item, which leads to more scrolling.

it is hard to find Items to quickly use "sell similar".  never was a problem before.

half the time the links for auction only, buy it now etc.  also the page at the bottom, do not work, at least in firefox.

Someone explain to me how this is better or easier, please.

Why can't they leave anything alone?  this is NOT Easier or better for me, how about you?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

I have the same issues as well.  I actually hate the new page.  It is cumbersome and not easy to see visually or maneauver.  You can no longer easily go to the last page of your listings, but have to take several extra steps to go by groups of pages because it only shows a few page numbers at a time.  Also, the filtering of fixed price and auctions is not as easy.  When viewing all auctions, seeing those items that are selling is not clearly identified at a glance.  This is a much less user friendly view.  Sometimes I wish they would not mess with things that are working.  Just add new features without redesigning the whole page.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

Are you speaking about the seller hub?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

I actually do not like the seller hub either.  I have an old link that I use to get to the previous format of my selling page.  From there, when I select Active Listings, it is all messed up.  The options buttons do not work and the new format is awful.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

@chantellelace wrote:

I have the same issues as well.  I actually hate the new page.  It is cumbersome and not easy to see visually or maneauver.  You can no longer easily go to the last page of your listings, but have to take several extra steps to go by groups of pages because it only shows a few page numbers at a time.  Also, the filtering of fixed price and auctions is not as easy.  When viewing all auctions, seeing those items that are selling is not clearly identified at a glance.  This is a much less user friendly view.  Sometimes I wish they would not mess with things that are working.  Just add new features without redesigning the whole page.

All part of their mobile-centric “in your face” redesign.

One page fits all ... or none as the case may be.

Odd how when I go to other ecommerce sites I do NOT get this laughable MySpace Geocities wayback machine faux pas. I guess THEY know how to sniff a browser and serve up a mobile page or a REAL COMPUTER page. 

Apparently not eBay’s designers ... it’s beyond their understanding that we don’t need 1200 x 500 pixel blue headers with 10 characters of text, or 200 x 30 pixel blue buttons.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

@chantellelace wrote:

I actually do not like the seller hub either.  I have an old link that I use to get to the previous format of my selling page.  From there, when I select Active Listings, it is all messed up.  The options buttons do not work and the new format is awful.

okay I use the seller hub so I am not familar with what you are expriencing.  Let me add this though.  If your user name is registered on eBay as a business account, I think I read where you are already or will be auto opted into the seller hub and perhaps that is why the old bookmark is not working correctly any longer?

I think you can check this by following this path 

ebay.com - accounts - personal info - account type

Good Luck Selling!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

They're opting anyone in, whether your account says business or individual makes no difference to them.

Meanwhile they're busy making the generic selling pages as non user friendly and unusable as possible.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

I agree! This new page is terrible.  I'm a web designer and very disgusted that they went 'fluffy mobile' on a page served to my desktop computer.  A lot of functionality is missing.  

* No icons to quickly tell me if it's an auction or BIN.

* I have to scroll way too much (they can't fit the whole horizonal menu in without scrolling!  Too much space betwen items. Photos too large. etc).

* Can't select multiple items quickly to (End, Sell similar, Edit, etc)

* Time Left was better in it's own column.

* I still can't see the whole title when it's long.

What a disaster.  Why couldn't they allow us the choice to keep the old page.  This is the only page that DOESN'T match the style of the rest of the site!?!

I now use  ALL Selling page, since it retains the functionality and visual information I need, but it takes so long to load since it has all the other summary info, and I have to scroll down past the banner ads and performance.  I can't move those to the bottom either.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

Someone explain to me how this is better or easier, please.

It's not.  I don't like anything about it either, but still operate from the All Selling page which isn't yet coming up in that format. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity"

eBay's changes to the old selling pages cannot possibly be explained by stupidity.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

@newview wrote:

@chantellelace wrote:

All part of their mobile-centric “in your face” redesign.

One page fits all ... or none as the case may be.

Odd how when I go to other ecommerce sites I do NOT get this laughable MySpace Geocities wayback machine faux pas. I guess THEY know how to sniff a browser and serve up a mobile page or a REAL COMPUTER page. 

Apparently not eBay’s designers ... it’s beyond their understanding that we don’t need 1200 x 500 pixel blue headers with 10 characters of text, or 200 x 30 pixel blue buttons.

I'm a firm believer that  you get what you pay for at the most and Ebay went cheap on all of this and they are getting exactly what they paid for, cheap underperforming software.  I really wish they take some of the money they continue to spend on stock buybacks to try and keep the stock price artificially inflated and use it to upgrade their platform and servers so we do not have new daily glitches and they can show everybodys items 24/7/365.  Buyers can always choose to not view it all, but at least give the sellers what they are paying for without forcing them to pay extra for promoted listings because Ebay cannot figure out any other way to show growth to Wall Street.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

@div_style wrote:

eBay's changes to the old selling pages cannot possibly be explained by stupidity.

Would you prefer "incompetence"?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

@div_style wrote:

Would you prefer "incompetence"?

It is possible to be both... malicious and incompetent.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

Not as good as the old way
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

NEW my ebay ACTIVE page

Pretty messed up. Ebay tries to control your items Like starting something at 1.99 when i type in $42.00.     Hard to use. They could make it simple like face book. I have a building full of stuff im trying to sell but ebay is not working for me. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply