cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sells are Terrible. Anyone Else having slow sales?

Just wondering if any other sellers are having slower sales then usual?

This time last year, I had great sales. Heard that Ebay has so many more

vendors and sellers than we have buyers. I don't know about the promoted listings?

Haven't clue what that means? I've have more returns lately than ever before.

2 of my sellers wore my item and damaged the pristine designer shoes. I lost money

with free shipping coming and going. Couldn't relist my shoes, but the disonest

buyer got to wear them for special event and returned damaged and got full refund.

I Sold designer pair sunglasses and after 10 days the buyer emailed: oh I thought they

were different style? I provided 12 photos. She sent them back wrapped in newspaper.

OF COURSE, THEY ARRIVED DAMAGED...She got full refund! Needed to vent about buyers that abuse our merchandise. This is how I make my living. Time for real job :))) that pays better

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

It is why I gave up trying to sell for the holidays.  One year I actually lost money between paying out of pocket to upgrade shipping for last minute shoppers to getting things returned after the holiday season was over.

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

My sales also have been terrible, sales are down over 50% and I am not sure what to do.  I have had sales and promotions and free shipping and still nothing.  Usually Sept to January is my busiest time, but this year it is really bad.  

In my opininion sales and promotions don't work at least not for me.  I am going to look at my stuff and calculate what the minimum I can sell for to break even and go from there.   In January postal rates always go up so it can get worse.  

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

I agree. Our house has been taken over with garage sale full.
I'm having buyers remorse, because I have so much stuff in our house.
My sales have tanked! I've been donating so much to our local charities.
Thinking after Christmas this ole gal will get off Ebay for good. Have a Healthy
and Blessed Thanksgiving 🙂
Message 4 of 47
latest reply

agree with you. I always dread after Christmas sales.
I get more returns from buyers remorse or people they
wait to the last minute to decide or not decide to keep?
Then, the occasional buyer that uses my item and returns 😞
Happy Thanks giving :)))
Message 5 of 47
latest reply

I wouldn't say I was a big seller, but I try to get 50 listings up this time of year as I traditionally do very well from September through to December.  The last 2 months were good, I also had a sale nearly every day or other day for November.  Then NOTHING since the 10th.  Not a thing.  That isn't normal.  

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Tons of sellers report poor sales. Things seem to be getting progressively worse. This fall, I have gone longer than a week without a sale. Everything seemed to tank beginning around July first. I am now having 50%-off sales, and that's the only reason I'm having any sales at all -- and the volume is not great.
Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Same here...nothing since the 10th. So odd since the beginning of November was quite good. 

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

Yeah...same thing as last year....sales tanked a week before Thanksgiving....I have not sold anything for 3 days....will not pick up until Christmas Afternoon. Visibility is going to the guys who sell "new HOT items". Ebay thinks thats where all the money is for the Holidays.

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

The river has put such a hurt on eBay it's sicking .  eBay is a dead horse . Everytime I call eBay says oh let us refresh your eBay . I get a few sales tons of watchers an that's all folks

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Worst sales in 3 years...by far. 

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

@pickerdeals wrote:

The river has put such a hurt on eBay it's sicking .  eBay is a dead horse . Everytime I call eBay says oh let us refresh your eBay . I get a few sales tons of watchers an that's all folks

eBay put the hurt on eBay... the River didn't have to do squat. Every year, eBay does this stupid contra dance of changing rules and "enhancing" the site in the 4th quarter. 

There are a lot of buyers who ONLY buy on eBay for the holidays and special occasions. Not only can they not find what they want in Search, the site is unrecognizable from the year before. NONE of the changes are EVER intuitive, either.

Holiday shoppers want to get in, find, buy, and get done. You can't do that here, because FIRST you have to try to navigate the eBay rat maze. People aren't here to waste a lot of time figuring out workarounds to the constant glitches or to spend hours or days "prepping" to shop by figuring out how all this stuff sort of sometimes works. 

They are here to get done what they need to get done and get out, not waste time between scratching their heads trying to figure out how to do what they came here to do and playing "fifty clicks" to perform what they can with one click over at the River.

This is why the River eats eBay's lunch in the 4th quarter, year after year since 2007 when eBay first changed checkout stuff RIGHT AFTER THANKSGIVING and it was such a disaster they promised they'd never introduce changes during the holiday shopping season again... only to turn around and do JUST THAT every year since.

Sorry, eBay. You used to be the big shot. Now you're just shot.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 12 of 47
latest reply

THATS EBAY FOR YOU EVERTHING IS ABOUT THE BUYER

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Long story short, ebay will make money regardless of whether YOU do or not.
They have a monkey on their back...it's called the stock price.
They have to feed that monkey everyday, so they don't care if a sale brings 50 cents or $200.
The monkey is down $2 over the last month...funny thing about neglect.
Message 14 of 47
latest reply

A few months ago I was at about $1,000-$1,500 a week. Currently sitting at $250 for the week....if that pit it into perspective of how much money I'm loosing with the same amount of items listed.......

Message 15 of 47
latest reply