cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing shipment

I just got a message saying my payment was being held because my item hasn't be delivers yet. I doing some research I find that the item has 3, yes 3 different shipping numbers. After searching all three I found that the last one that I payed for 3 day shipping THROUGH Ebay on the 9th is still in transit. Being that with this so called new and improved ebay I couldn't handle shipping myself.  This will be the last thing I sell through them after over 20 years.  They screwed up a good thing 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Missing shipment

@mamica 

Did you ship them in 3 different boxes?

Why couldn't you handle the shipping yourself?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Missing shipment

Shipped in one box and if it is sellers error there seem to be a lot of old time sellers who hate this new system 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Missing shipment

Boat Propellers?  Sounds too heavy to mail, like they might break through the box.  Did you crate them?  How much did they weigh, where was it going and who was the shipper?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Missing shipment

@toysaver 

At first I thought you were kidding but no that's what it was, boat propellers. So I understood the OP sent these out to be packaged and shipped by a carrier? UPS?  But on one he paid for 3 day delivery? Very confusing indeed, OP needs to clarify.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Missing shipment

Boat propellers will be a good subsitute to tell our friends from Sri Lanka if boat anchors start to saturate the market.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Missing shipment

They were in a crate and weighed 35 lbs. They were last reported in ST Rose, LA according to the USPS tracking info. They are doing a search on them but I have little hope at this point. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Missing shipment

Are you sure it's 3 different numbers or is it the same number used 3 x, one for each transaction?

If the package has shown movement in the last several days and the "message" is actually a case filed, call ebay and ask for a time extension........they will usually allow another 5 days or so for the package to be delivered.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Missing shipment

Did the buyer open an INR case? If so you need to respond to the case within 3 days or eBay will refund the buyers money. You can upload the tracking status information into the INR case and eBay will allow extra time for the delivery to be completed since USPS is having some delays.

As others noted you are missing some information but it appears you sold 3 propellers as separate transactions but they were all purchased by the same buyer or is you payment on hold for just one of orders? If these were going to the same individual did you attempt to use consolidated shipping and put all three in one crate that weighted 35 pounds? If so did you by chance purchase a shipping label for each order rather than just one label for the consolidated shipment? It appears you shipped one priority mail, the three day delivery one, how did the other two get shipped? Some details are missing on the logistics of how you shipped the three individual propellers. 

I, along with others, cannot figure out how you got three different numbers and how the single crate got broken up into three separate packages. How big length, width and height was the crate? Did you actually drop the item off at a post office with the labels already attached? Depending on what class of postage you used to ship the items and what the value was of the shipment you can file a claim with USPS at the following site using the given timeline. 

https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm 

time.jpg

If USPS is unable to locate the package and you shipped the item using one of the insured classes (priority mail) or purchased insurance when you created the label they will reimburse you for the value of the item but will not refund you the postage cost. If they cannot find the item and rule in your favor it takes USPS about 7+ weeks to refund your money. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply