cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxury handbags - authenticity guaranteed - why only certain sellers?

eBay’s new authenticity guaranteed program for luxury handbags says it’s for all handbags priced at $500 and above and located in the United States. So how come it’s only showing on some sellers listings and others who made the $500 in above criteria and are located in the United States it doesn’t show for? Is eBay again cherry picking their favorites? It says sellers can’t opt out. That it’s automatic. I searched listings and about 75% that meet the criteria don’t have the authenticity guarantee. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Check the category they are listed it: that may be why some are not showing such.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Not all brands are included..

Perhaps some were listed prior to the start and will be included after they relist.

Only bags shipping from & with the US are in this program for now. There are a LOT of designer goods that ship from Japan, none of those are in the program.. And last but not least, it's a new program so bound to be full of glitches.. 

Frankly, I wish I could opt my hiney and my bags OUT of this hot mess.. 

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-handbags/ 

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-handbags/#faq 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I checked this and it’s not the case. Look at the listings. 75% meet the criteria but don’t have the authenticity guarantee. Here’s an example.60DF5F5E-52E5-4F57-8D3D-36A85B9BCBC3.png

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

That’s not it. Here’s an example of a listing that meets the criteria but doesn’t have the guarantee. F3D28C60-628B-47D8-89B0-80AFF7C5E67C.png

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Here’s another. 34AA2DA0-62FA-4FAD-92E6-4C2138AE7DF8.png

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I can't find your first listing.. Can you post the listing number please..

I probably wouldn't buy that bag- just from what you posted but I haven't looked into it too much yet. 

I'm curious to the listing dates of these items.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

It’s not my listing. It’s a screenshot of someone else’s listing that I’m using as an example.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I called the authenticate program back is September and asked them why my watches did not make the grade

the lady said she liked my lecoultre watches and would not say much

as soon  as I started MP in october I has no trouble getting into it.all of my watches above 2000 get it now

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@justagirl12 wrote:

It’s not my listing. It’s a screenshot of someone else’s listing that I’m using as an example.

I realize that but in order for me to dig deeper, I would like to see the actual listing not just a screen shot.

I searched using the exact verbiage of that listing and nothing..

~Pika~

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

So maybe the listings that don’t have it are for sellers who aren’t in MP? That makes sense. But, I thought you couldn’t sell here anymore if you weren’t in MP?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@justagirl12 wrote:

So maybe the listings that don’t have it are for sellers who aren’t in MP? That makes sense. But, I thought you couldn’t sell here anymore if you weren’t in MP?

The listing you posted seems to be in MP

~Pika~

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

brittanie@ebay 

brian@ebay 

Can you explain why these bags are not in the new "Authenticity Program"

These are just 2 of many..

This is important to me as I have a LOT of bags to list and wonder why some items are NOT in the program.

Recently listed, US located and shipping to the US..

Thanks.

Item# 402908471631

Item# 402908295619

~Pika~

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@justagirl12 

Sorry at this point I'm spamming your thread.. Eeks..

I finally was able to look at the listings and I can't see why they're not in the program.

I posted a link to this thread over on the fashion board so maybe somebody there will have an idea..

Tagging the eBay blues may or may not get a reply but I figured I would give it a shot.

Here's a link to the thread I posted this in over on fashion.. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/And-now-there-s-a-handbag-authenticity-guarantee/m-p/31947060#... 

~Pika~

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

brittanie@ebay 

brian@ebay 

Can you explain why these bags are not in the new "Authenticity Program"

These are just 2 of many..

This is important to me as I have a LOT of bags to list and wonder why some items are NOT in the program.

Recently listed, US located and shipping to the US..

Thanks.

Item# 402908471631

Item# 402908295619

@pikabo-icu good question! While the luxury handbag authentication program has launched, we're starting small to ensure all processes are working as designed and no members are impacted negatively. We'll be ramping (adding more listings) as quickly as possible once we are confident that the program is running smoothly.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 15 of 17
latest reply