cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low sales

Good Morning! 

Has anyone else experienced low or no sales since the war began in Ukraine?  Up until now my sales have been fairly cyclical in that I would enjoy a week to 10 days of strong sales followed by a week  of low sales.  I was on the back side of the low sales period - meaning I was due for some good sales now - when all of them simply died.  Nothing. It's as if someone turned off a spigot.  This happened right about the time the war in Europe started.  So, I'm wondering if one is connected to the other.  Anybody else experiencing this?  Thanks for your feedback!

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Low sales

It's always slow this time of year for moi, but in fact, business has been better lately. 

People look for certainty in everything, but that doesn't exist.  Better to take the long view and stop worrying about a week here, a week there, or trying to make predictions out of random events. About the best one can get is trends and they tend to be longer term.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Low sales

@baggettla wrote:

Good Morning! 

Has anyone else experienced low or no sales since the war began in Ukraine?  Up until now my sales have been fairly cyclical in that I would enjoy a week to 10 days of strong sales followed by a week  of low sales.  I was on the back side of the low sales period - meaning I was due for some good sales now - when all of them simply died.  Nothing. It's as if someone turned off a spigot.  This happened right about the time the war in Europe started.  So, I'm wondering if one is connected to the other.  Anybody else experiencing this?  Thanks for your feedback!

@baggettla 

Has been a little slower, but just since Sunday night. 

A lot of financial uncertainty right now across the globe.  Initially, we had a flurry of orders thru freight forwarders - folks trying to get things shipped quickly.  The disruption from all this will certainly be with us for a while to come.

Hang in there - bumpy ride for sure and taxes due for most Americans in about 6 weeks.  Always a slower time for us as we inch up to 4/15-ish.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

From what I have been seeing on here it's been slow since the beginning of the year which is kind of normal.

True test will be after tax season and over the summer. 

Message 3 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Thanks for the quick response.  I suspect you're right, we may be in for the long haul.

Message 4 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Thanks for responding.  I had forgotten about tax season. Hopefully things will get better post April 15th. 

Message 5 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

My sales are down 34% in February compared to January.  No rhyme nor reason apparent. It happens. 

Spending the slow days listing new items.

Good luck to you and your jewelry business!  

Message 6 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

It started way before the war. When the inflation and gas prices went up so much. 

But today is like a "ghost town" on all platforms - scarce number of viewers even. I guess people are scared of last night Biden`s read and even more resilient to buy. Btw, he was "thinking" of Iranian people of Ukraine. 

Until oil gets drilled again on the US soil, nothing good will happen. Prices will go up even more, and funding of Putin war by buying oil and gas will not stop the war and its consequences.

Message 7 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Sales are fine.  No difference here. 

Message 8 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

@baggettla wrote:

Has anyone else experienced low or no sales since the war began in Ukraine?  

How often do you ship to Ukraine? I have never once shipped an item there so just curious.

Message 9 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Yes! My sales are down 50% in 30 days. No one is buying or even looking at my listings. Its like a Ghost town. 

Message 10 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

I was at a grocery store yesterday passing meats. One guy was making a statement that assortment of chicken is very poor at that store amid war in Ukraine. A person who works at that store tried to tell him that there is a supply chain problem, truckers, etc (it`s been since August actually). Yet, the guy kept saying it`s because of the war. 

Message 11 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Yes, people come here every day asking about why their sales are slow.

Here are just a few reasons I've heard:

*Good till cancelled

*No paypal

*Managed payments

*The latest ebay update

*Search engine

*Algorithms

*I upset ebay and they are "throttling" my sales

*I posted some negative comments about ebay and they are "throttling" my sales

*People want to buy my stuff but ebay is not letting them

*Donald Trump

*Joe Biden

*The Ukraine war

Strange Way - Firefall
Message 12 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

@ckimodog wrote:

Sales are fine.  No difference here. 

..... and it's all ebay's fault!!!!

Strange Way - Firefall
Message 13 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

@inhawaii wrote:

Yes, people come here every day asking about why their sales are slow.

Here are just a few reasons I've heard:

*Good till cancelled

*No paypal

*Managed payments

*The latest ebay update

*Search engine

*Algorithms

*I upset ebay and they are "throttling" my sales

*I posted some negative comments about ebay and they are "throttling" my sales

*People want to buy my stuff but ebay is not letting them

*Donald Trump

*Joe Biden

*The Ukraine war

You missed two OBVIOUS reasons:

-USPS raised their rates

-Woke leftists

Message 14 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Sales for me slowed since last week . This week is no better . Probably due to spring break

Message 15 of 59
latest reply