cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low sales

Hello, I just became Top rated seller and my sales are extremely slow now. I  put prices down, offer free shipping and my pictures are not bad but I still don’t have sales. Any new ideas? 
Thank you

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Low sales

@lilineblessings   Go to WalMart and buy several white foam board panels, they are not expensive.  Use them to photograph on ... you are currently trying to manually crop out the edges of your plates and it looks like a real hack job, using Paint perhaps?  THAT's a lot of work too.

Google image search works best with a white background, just so you know.

Sales will go up and down over time, it has nothing to do with your Seller rating.  You've sold some stuff but maybe what's left isn't that desirable so sales slow down.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 23 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Several others have reported this lately on these boards. I would guess: 1. Managed Payment sellers not having money in their PayPal accounts to make spontaneous purchases. 2. Uncertain economy with Biden and the Dems trying to give away the country. 3. Stimulus money already spent. 4. Winter storms?

@rebell45 wrote:

Several others have reported this lately on these boards. I would guess: 1. Managed Payment sellers not having money in their PayPal accounts to make spontaneous purchases. 2. Uncertain economy with Biden and the Dems trying to give away the country. 3. Stimulus money already spent. 4. Winter storms?

Only your argument of winter storms has any merit.  Anyone, including sellers, can add money to their Paypal accounts at any time.  There is always uncertainty about the economy regardless of which party holds the power as neither party understands the economy and both parties foster the really big lie that money somehow trickles down, an erroneous concept taught in most university economics courses.  Stimulus money, when spent by those who needed the money will be spent on food and shelter or to cover debt.  The rest of us will just throw it into savings.

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

both parties foster the really big lie that money somehow trickles down, an erroneous concept taught in most university economics courses. 

Trickle-down economics has only been championed by one particular party. And it isn't taught in "most" university econ courses, unless it's to demonstrate why it's a pile of nonsense.

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

When you add the shipping with the price of your item, some of the things you are selling are quite expensive. Many are used and  none seem to be desirable brands that customers are looking for. 

Try doing a search for your key words and see what other sellers are pricing same / similar items for.

Then do a  sold price check and see what they actually sell for.

That may show you how to price your items more attractively. 

I struggle with this, too, not wanting to lose $ on sales, but at some point you have to just get rid of the old inventory and upgrade your new items. 

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

You have a lot of clothing, and that's a slow sell this time of year. Actually, a lot of things are a slow sale this time of year (politics have nothing to do with it - sales have always been cyclic).

As for prices, shipping and the like, I wouldn't automatically take all the advice eBay urges to supposedly 'increase sales.'  If eBay had anything to do with it, you'd be giving your items away for only as much money as it takes to cover fees, so just use what you deem works best for your own particular line of products. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 51
latest reply

Hi, can you elaborate on what you mean by no sales? When looking at your completed listings, i see consistent sales every week. You may not have had a sale in the last  couple of days, but you seem to be having weekly sales at least. Are you referring to the last few days only? 

Took a look at your current offerings. I didn't see enough information in the description fields. Also, no measurements were there which can be an important element when selling used clothing.

Your pictures need  a little work. Altho the background has been removed, the items are too dark, and in some cases the removal of the background does not have clean lines around the item. Some pictures don’t show the item in its best view. For example, the tea cups have been shot from the top looking down. I couldnt even tell what they were until i read the title.

Sometimes it is tough to sell pre-owned clothing as it is a saturated market on eBay. Everybody is selling it. I also thought some of your prices were a little high. Compare completed sales, both sold and unsold, to see actual prices for similar items.

Concentrate your efforts on improving your listings. You are already established and making pretty consistent sales. Like with everything in retail, there are lulls. You should also study SEO to better draw traffic to your items. Below is a link discussing it with tips. Good luck. I am certain your sales will improve with a little tweaking.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/boost-traffic-with-seo.html

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

@lilineblessings wrote:

Hello, I just became Top rated seller and my sales are extremely slow now. I  put prices down, offer free shipping and my pictures are not bad but I still don’t have sales. Any new ideas? 
Thank you

They're not good either

s-l400(1).jpg

s-l400.jpg

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

s-l400(2).jpg

 If you are unable to seemlessly edit the background out, you're better off not doing it at all. This looks like the strap is broken or has been cut

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

I agree with most of this and do not wish to be political..........but without question there are differences in parties as far as how people feel about the economy. When democrats promise tons of free **bleep**........and then do not deliver.......people do not spend. When democrats raise taxes there are less dollars in pocket to spend with. When over 20,000 people lose their jobs on day one of a presidency that is 20,000 less people spending money and millions upon millions who realize just how fast they can lose their jobs as well.

While Im certainly not trying to say the republicans are right or know what they are doing, I can say with 50 years of experience that my household earns more, pays less taxes, and prospers more and overall feels better about the economy when republicans are in the white house. Jimmy carter had my family in gas lines for 4 hours and interest rates so high our noses bled. Reagan lowered our taxes, my family bought their first house and got out of Low income apartments in atlanta. During Obama, the car business basically ended, my health insurance was deemed illegal, my taxes went up and my income went down.........and I voted for the guy the first time. You can imagine how I voted the second time. With Trump.........who I never liked. My income went up, our taxes went down, my investments went through the roof, my ebay business reignited after several years of "not worth the effort". Now in a few weeks of Biden my wife and I have tightened our budgets to "spend nothing and save everything and move your money out of banks mode". We are told what opinion we are allowed to have OR ELSE. Taxes will be raised! Rules changed in the stock market to protect the ruling class. Courts will not hear what they do not want to hear.

I assure you.........though I agree both parties are = in corruption and ineptness..........there is certainly a difference in how people feel and if people have money to spend depending on either side. The only ones who it does not effect are the ones making the rules for everyone but themselves.

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

Im a 20 year ebayer and a 30 year reseller. The one best biggest piece of advice I can give you is.....................source what sells. One off products, unless they are rare and have a much bigger demand than supply tend to sit around. The one good thing I will say about ebay, though I dont say many good things, is that their search engine to see what your competitors are selling and at what price, and even more so to see what has sold/how often/at what price, is invaluable.

When im sourcing product even for other platforms, I use ebays sold history to make buying decisions because its that useful, easy to use, and vast.

Goodluck

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

The day Biden won the election my sales died, and they've continued dying ever since. I just went thru the slowest December I've ever had on ebay in my entire decade of being here. If people had faith in this guy, they wouldn't be so scared to spend their money.

Nov, Dec, and Jan, my sales were less than half of what I normally do each month.

Here Biden is just a few weeks into office, and already he's destroyed tens of thousands of jobs. As many as 1 million in the oil industry are expected to lose their jobs this year alone as a result of Biden's policies.

He's disrupting the entire fossil fuel industry because he wants clean energy, which makes no logical sense. Clean energy is great, too bad we have no infrastructure in place for it, and we are years, if not decades away from it becoming a realization.

Would've made more sense to build a clean energy infrastructure first, then phase out fossil fuels. There is no logic to what Biden is doing, none at all, and the state of the economy proves that.

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

Biden is a disaster.   He wants to keep the economy shut down forever.

Message 13 of 51
latest reply

He wants to pay lazy people $15 an hour to push a shopping cart too. What incentive is there for Americans to get educated if they can make a solid living doing some worthless, menial job.

I would shut down my ebay store tonight for $15 an hour, wouldn't even think twice.

Wages have already gone up in many states too, including mine. Here in Missouri the minimum wage is now $10.30 and will go up to $12.50 an hour by 2023. The job losses are already mounting as more and more businesses close. My friends stated they have no choice to but to close their restaurant as there's no way they can pay such ridiculous wages.

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

A picture speaks a thousand words.

Message 15 of 51
latest reply