cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of Views.. But No Watchers?

I had recently put up an auction for a Nerf Longstrike. It has picked up almost 300 views over the past 3 days, but not a single watcher. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there something I can improve? 

I recently saw similar listings for much higher prices. I also looked to see what similar listings have sold for, and they had sold for about $40. Mine is $10 less than that, including shipping. Heres the link to the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252949343875?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks for you're time!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The best thing you can do is stop worrying about watchers. I would say about 90% of everything I sell doesn't have a watcher. Watchers don't mean anything at all. Move on.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The best thing you can do is stop worrying about watchers. I would say about 90% of everything I sell doesn't have a watcher. Watchers don't mean anything at all. Move on.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Wow... thanks a lot! I appreciate it!

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@jlbeanb73 wrote:

I had recently put up an auction for a Nerf Longstrike. It has picked up almost 300 views over the past 3 days, but not a single watcher. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there something I can improve? 

I recently saw similar listings for much higher prices. I also looked to see what similar listings have sold for, and they had sold for about $40. Mine is $10 less than that, including shipping. Heres the link to the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252949343875?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks for you're time!

Have you been refreshing your listings...changing the photo's around...marking the price down just.50...you have to liven things up to catch the wave.  Maybe your view's are price searches...no one is going to watch to see if your's get snatch because your at the low end...next time lift up the price a bit to make room for adjustments of lower the price...

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for the reply! I do not have an eBay store, so it is not possible for me to mark things down. Thanks for the suggestion though! 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

your item is stuck on $42.35 expited shipping I realize you are in Connecticut but that seems a bit high even to California, you might wanna have that on parcel select ground or something.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Your item will ship to California for less than $10.00 via FedEx Smart Post.  With your shipping at over $42.00 you are trying to Hose buyers and hose then badly.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I really need to look into that Fedex Smart Post myself I keep forgetting about it.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I would have placed it on my watch list UNTIL I saw you are charging 40 dollars to ship it!?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I think we have found the problem.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@skatesave wrote:

Your item will ship to California for less than $10.00 via FedEx Smart Post.  With your shipping at over $42.00 you are trying to Hose buyers and hose then badly.

Are you kidding ? No wonder why they have 300 views. And the OP says he/she has the lowest price. When are people going to learn.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@jlbeanb73 wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I do not have an eBay store, so it is not possible for me to mark things down. Thanks for the suggestion though! 

@jlbeanb73

You don't have to have a store.  Just go into your listing and click revise.  Then scroll through and change the price.  Hit submit and voila, you are good to go!

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

The only other thing I could think of is they saw a sold listing where someone got expedited shipping when this isn't the case, that is often a glitch a I see where someone got a price plus shipping but eBay shows they got some astronomical "expedited" price which really wasn't the case, or I could be mistaken myself and some fool paid it, but I find it too often to be the case.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Is true. The most items I sell have no watchers.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@jlbeanb73 wrote:

Thanks for you're time!

Maybe try raising your price a bit . Some buyers suspect  there's something wrong  with an item and the seller is hiding something  if the price is too low. I currently have a bracelet for sale that for some reason has gathered at least 4 times the views  as anything else I have,,  yet not one watcher . I've lowered the price  but not too much  so it doesn't give the impression it's junk.  Frankly speaking ,, we never really know for sure what buyers are thinking . Tulips 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply