cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Orders

Just Curious to know the USPS lost item count on Sent Items 

In which you have had to make a Refund?  

Lost,Stolen,Rifled, Ripped, Torn , Damaged, Empty Packages ?? 

My # is Currently  1 in every 1,300 

Am I Lucky 🍀 or not so Much?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Lost Orders

I'm not sure I understand your concern.  Why would USPS be keeping track of transactions you had to refund?

You realize your refund rate is 0.00077 translated to a percentage that would be 0.077%.  That is way under 1%.  If I had that kind of rate I'd be dancing a gig every day!!!!!

Congratulation.  I hope one day I can be like you!!!!  😍

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Lost, as in NEVER showed up, only 1 ever since 1997.   Damaged, empty, etc.  None that I know of.  No buyer has ever told me such.  I have no idea what that ratio is, but basically almost zero in over 20 years. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Mam 

My Issue is not Directly aimed at USPS 

although they ship all my "Items "

so when I have an occasional "Claim" by a Customer as Lost/INR.. it was Shipped through who/them? 

That's the Blame unless my packaging is default

Again Thank You for all you do Here Everyday!!...Just letting you know...I miss my Dog too 

Thanks for Keeping your "Doggies" here all these Years

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the Response 

That is Totally Amazing 

I was Feeling Lucky until Now 

Keep up the Good Work!! 👍👍

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Yeah, that seems a little high. This happens maybe once every couple years for us. Mostly damaged. 1 out of 3000 or so.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Your doing a Great Job 

Been here since 2004 Lost through USPS 

3 Times  

Thought I was doing Good  

I always include Tracking #'s  

Thanks and Keep it Up 😀

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I'm not sure hat my numbers are but i'm pretty sure it ls LESS than yours.

Hat's off to the US Postal Service! 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@goldxxxsilver wrote:

Just Curious to know the USPS lost item count on Sent Items 

In which you have had to make a Refund?

One. I've been selling since 2004.

It was a Priority box shipped last year, and vanished between one sorting office and another. I got a full refund from USPS  (since Priority Mail has insurance; a First Class Package would not), including a refund of postage for the failed shipment.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thanks 

Your exactly Correct 

Lower Priced Items/First Class are Subject to Not Received /INR

No Refund to Seller  

Protect what you Sell !!!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@goldxxxsilver 

You ship, they carry which makes them commonly known as your carrier.

So you got a determination from USPS that the package was lost or you and/or the buyer assumed that?  Because a package is late, you should never assume the package is lost.  Because 99.9% of the time it is not, it is just moving slower than a snail.

When you have concern about a package that hasn't arrived, the first thing to do is go to USPS.com and call up the tracking number.  Once you are in the tracking number you will see an option to sign up for email updates anytime an entry is made to the tracking.  Sign up for that.

Then go and file a trace on the package.  VERY important.  It will take them 48-72 hours to respond, but it is highly likely they will find the package and get it moving again.

Always do those two step BEFORE refunding a buyer.  Let them know you will keep them informed as you get information.

I wish my dogs were still here with me, but it helps to see their pic whenever I'm in the community.  Thank you for enjoying them too.  They were very loving animals and such an important part of our family.  Thier pics are all over my house too,

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Mam 

I feel like a Seasoned Seller since 2004 

and yes I usually sign up for New all new Updates ( Third Paragragh)  

Thanks for the additional Tips...

I'll give them a Shot...🐶🐶!!!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Mam....After 22days the item was delivered .....you are the best......Thanks for all the Help!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

"Just Curious to know the USPS lost item count on Sent Items In which you have had to make a Refund? "

Goose egg, been selling for 15 years with over 10,000 shipments.   I've made refunds for other reasons and have had packages arrive without being scanned as delivered.  The one box that was lost was a huge Strawberry Shortcake toy stove being shipped to a Postal Employee and they were able to track it down based on the box size alone.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@goldxxxsilver wrote:

Thanks Mam....After 22days the item was delivered .....you are the best......Thanks for all the Help!

I'm glad I could help you.  Unfortunately I've had several of those myself recently.  But my buyers are all happy because I worked with them and communicated with them every step of the way.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply