cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location, location...

Good morning to all-

Is anyone noticing on many new listings that only the country is showing where the item is shipping from and not the actual location? (Kansas City, MO, Waimanalo, Hawaii, etc.)  I thought that was an absolute must because buyers need to know where their items come from.  I was looking at something this morning that I was interested in and their location just showed "US"...that's it.

It's confusing enough with all the drop shippers who are all over the map.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance...🤙

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Location, location...

I haven't noticed.

Interesting though.

I've always wondered if the fact that i'm in Hawaii may sometimes hurt my sales,

that potential customers my shy away due to the fact that i'm physically so far away.

Have a great weekend!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I noticed that about 5-6 days ago

cant see where a  seller is from...not sure why

I noticed it a few days before the search bars were messed up for a day or so

@ckimodog 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@inhawaii 

Mahalos...you too! 🤙

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

It's nice to know where the item will be shipping from, but the actual location is only needed for calculated shipping.

If they are offering free shipping, the location isn't really needed.

When I see a listing that just says US, I figure they are dropshipping.

I saw one a few years ago and the location said, Somewhere in the US.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Been on ebay 25 years, give or take. I buy lots of stuff on eBay, although the experience the last few years have cause me to slow down. I don't recall a time when the location an item was being sent from mattered to me, the only thing I care about relating to that is the estimated delivery date, and the shipping cost. If someone in Turkey can get an item to me as quick as I want it, then I don't care if it's Turkey, or anywhere else. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@kensgiftshop 

Wrote: When I see a listing that just says US, I figure they are drop shipping.

That was what I was thinking and most of these listings are from new sellers who probably even set a payment account yet... 

Thanks Ken

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

It's nice to know where the item will be shipping from, but the actual location is only needed for calculated shipping.

If they are offering free shipping, the location isn't really needed....

Or even if they're charging a flat price for shipping. A seller can just remove the ZIP Code and enter "US".

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Or even if they're charging a flat price for shipping. A seller can just remove the ZIP Code and enter "US".

@nobody*s_perfect 

Is it that easy?   I have seen an increase in items being shipped from "California"  when indeed it is obvious (to all but newbie buyers)  that they are shipped from China, and California is likely just the port of entry or some such. with the original "seller" being from some other country in Europe...Israel has been a popular registered seller location of late for obvious dropshippers. 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect 

Is it that easy?   I have seen an increase in items being shipped from "California"  .... 

Yes, it sure is. Try it for yourself on the listing form, after choosing flat-rate shipping.

Sometimes, a generic US location is valid, such as when a seller has their items at multiple warehouses in the US, for faster/cheaper shipping.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I also think ebay should display a sellers return location so buyer know where they may need to pay for buyer remorse returns.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Recently, I've been experiencing a significant issue with eBay. My listings' impressions have been reduced due to "violating the item location policy." In short, we have four different warehouses in the US, and some items are stored simultaneously.

We did this to offer free shipping and a five-day delivery period. However, eBay claims that regardless of a company's size, every item must have only one ship-from location.

This rule is unreasonable. Have any of you experienced a similar issue? Please share your experience. Thank you.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

What happens if you follow @nobody*s_perfect 's advice ?

They believe that using Flat /Free Shipping allows you to just say "USA" as your location.

No need to say which warehouse.

Theory vs Practice.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Thank you, femmefan1946,

However, as many times I get in touch with eBay regarding this matter, as many replies I get!

None of the representatives provided a solution that the next rep wouldn't deny. Some say, "Add this info to your description box," some say -  "Putting just USA is against the related policy," and some go step ahead and just don't reply.

Trust me; I have been trying to figure this out since April 6. I have tons of communication with eBay. I escalated this case to the highest level. Still waiting for a clear response.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

While I don't buy much on eBay these days to seller location never really mattered that much to me. As a few others have stated I focus more on the shipping cost, if it is calculated, and the delivery date than where it is coming from. As a buyer you are so protected by the MBG things like this really don't matter all that much. 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply