cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings Renewing on Wrong Day

A handful of my fixed price listings created June 18th renewed today- August 17th- even though they should not have renewed until tomorrow the 18th. The countdown clock has them set to renew next month on the correct date- September 18th.

Most of my listings created June 18th show a countdown clock confirming they will renew on the correct date- tomorrow, August 18th.

Is anybody else noticing this?

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Listings Renewing on Wrong Day

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I definitely subscribe to the way of thinking that store listings are NOT free despite how they're labeled, however that doesn't mean I think the entire rate paid for my store is solely for the listing allotment.

Try to look at it this way: ALL store perks between a Basic and a Premium store are exactly the same except for the number of "free" listings. If you (not sharingtheland - you were just the last poster before my reply - I'm referring a general "you" for anybody who thinks store listings are free and not paid for)... if you believe that store listings are truly "free" then what justification would there be for the big price difference between a Basic and Premium store?

So, yes, I definitely PAY for the "free" store listings with my subscription fee. I also pay for the other benefits of having a store (promotions manager, etc.), but the bulk of my store fee goes to the number of "free" listings.

There are a couple differences, but you are right they are very similar.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 76
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

With all due respect please explain to my why if most store owners get the SAME perks with subtle differences in the amount of store shipping coupons only, why someone would pay $3,000 dollars a month for a enterprise store when they could get all the same perks for say $59.95 a month for a PREMIUM store? We no the real reason, because the ENTERPRISE store seller is PAYING for 15, 000 listings. not 1,500. Do you see now that stores PAY for A certain amount of LISTINGS! considering all the perks are pretty much the same for stores.

Humm, I don't remember saying that all stores get the SAME perks.  I believe that was another poster.  And what they said was Basic and Premium were the same [which there are some differences].  They didn't say anything about the other levels of stores.

But just to venture into the subject the higher the store it is logical to think they have more sales.  With more sales comes more savings on the FVFs, increased amount of free listings allotments, promoted listing credits, larger shipping supply coupons, lower listing fees if they go over their free allotment, etc.

You seem to be taking what I said in a different light than intended.  I didn't say that the store fee doesn't cover free listings.  I simply said that it is NOT the only benefit of having a store and not the only thing that the store fee gives you.  There is more to a store benefits beyond the allotment of listings.

Message 32 of 76
latest reply

@r8ylee wrote:

This thread was started from the Technical Issues when listings rolled over 24 hours earlier that some sellers encountered.

The Blue had some replies and the latest posts from sellers who actually made calls to enquire about the

Fixed Price allotments that were taken 24 hours prior end date.

According to the sellers that were affected and who had called in regarding those Fixed Price Allotments taken prior - were told that the 'technical issue' will only be corrected end of August.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Technical-issues/td-p/30087599/page/2

(for your reference)

This is a different issue.  It is outlined well in post #10.  But that isn't the issue being discussed here.

Message 33 of 76
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

they call store listings FREE because it is a marketing ploy! they are not free. only FREE for those who have a free id and no store. these are the ONLY free listings on this site.

If you've ever noticed, they also list those freebies used under "promotional savings" each month = )

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 34 of 76
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coffeebean832 wrote:

A handful of my fixed price listings created June 18th renewed today- August 17th- even though they should not have renewed until tomorrow the 18th. The countdown clock has them set to renew next month on the correct date- September 18th.

Most of my listings created June 18th show a countdown clock confirming they will renew on the correct date- tomorrow, August 18th.

Can you provide item number examples, @coffeebean832? I'll be happy to look into this with more information.

Message 35 of 76
latest reply

Thanks I sent in a screenshot of all my affected items @Anonymous.

Based on the above posts it sounds like @fern*wood might have an example or two if you need more?

Message 36 of 76
latest reply

And yet tyler@ebay on August 2 said exactly the opposite -- that sellers WOULD be credited for eBay's premature subtraction of listings from the free listings to which store owners are entitled.

To be clear again, eBay prematurely subtracted 30 listings from my monthly allotment of 1000 free listings at the beginning of August. The listings in question were for 30 items which were NOT to expire for over 24 hours (and the eBay item numbers were actually for items which had originally expired in APRIL, and not JULY!). In addition, those 30 listings were NOT automatically re-listed on my site -- so "Good 'Til Canceled" did NOT apply. All were items which I had planned to end -- which I did, shortly thereafter. And so, when I re-list them again in September, eBay will be subtracting those 30 listings from my 1000 free listings AGAIN -- and that's called double-dipping.

I also call it THEFT.

Pay up, eBay!
Message 37 of 76
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Can you provide item number examples, @coffeebean832? I'll be happy to look into this with more information.

@Anonymous 

This isn't a new problem being reported here.  There have been multiple threads on the subject for a couple weeks or more.  Here is one that you may find interesting.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/MUST-CANCEL-GTC-LISTING-24-HOURS-BEFORE-RENEWAL-OR-YOU-ARE/m-p/30147763#M1470257

Message 38 of 76
latest reply

I just saw the eBay chat post on August 6th where they said the problem was resolved. I assume Trinton is asking for item numbers because the problem is persisting well past the time they were notified it was fixed.

Message 39 of 76
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I just saw the eBay chat post on August 6th where they said the problem was resolved. I assume Trinton is asking for item numbers because the problem is persisting well past the time they were notified it was fixed.

People are getting two completely different problems confused.  

What they are referring to is the problem where some sellers posted new GTCs on July 1st and they renewed on July 31st and then again on August 1st.  That problem has been fixed.

But this issue of listings renewing 24+ hours before they should be is a different issue.

Message 40 of 76
latest reply

The solution is to end your listings before the 24 hour mark or they will rollover early and you will be charged.  Either through 'free listings" or by insertion fees.

eBay employees will just continue to say the issue has been fixed or deny there ever was an issue.

Message 41 of 76
latest reply

@backroomnoir wrote:

The solution is to end your listings before the 24 hour mark or they will rollover early and you will be charged.  Either through 'free listings" or by insertion fees.

eBay employees will just continue to say the issue has been fixed or deny there ever was an issue.

I honestly think that is because there were two separate problems going on at the same time and it got really confusing so for many it became one problem, when it is actually two completely separate issues.

Message 42 of 76
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@Anonymous 

This isn't a new problem being reported here.  There have been multiple threads on the subject for a couple weeks or more.  Here is one that you may find interesting.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/MUST-CANCEL-GTC-LISTING-24-HOURS-BEFORE-RENEWAL-OR-YOU-ARE/m-p/30147763#M1470257

Hi @mam98031, thanks for sharing an example! It looks like that thread is discussing a one-time issue with listings renewing early on the 31st of July. The cause of this issue was identified, will not repeat, and any impacted sellers are receiving credits. If anyone is reporting listings renewing earlier than they should from the 1st of August onward, this would be a different issue that needs to be investigated (as the previous issue was specifically caused by an internal record mistake related to the 31st of July, and would not create relists on any other date).

Message 43 of 76
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@backroomnoir wrote:

Hi @backroomnoir, I want to clear up any misunderstandings - when we state that an issue has been resolved, this should be interpreted as an indication that a new issue is not happening or won't be investigated. It can be a little confusing at times when similar issues arise around the same time; if someone posts that the problem that came up on the 31st of July is still happening to them, we will confirm that the issue from the 31st was resolved so there is no confusion within the Community. We have no problem investigating a new issue and confirming if we discover a technical problem.

In general, it is not our intention to ever indicate that a problem a member ran into didn't happen. There may be times where we cannot confirm an issue on our end, do not see widespread reports of the same problem, or see an indication in the member's report that the issue may be related to something on their end. Most often we determine this is the case because we cannot recreate it on our end - if we cannot recreate the problem, we aren't able to fully investigate it. There may be exceptions for persistent issues our Community reports when screenshots and/or source code can be provided from their end.

Message 44 of 76
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Hi @mam98031, thanks for sharing an example! It looks like that thread is discussing a one-time issue with listings renewing early on the 31st of July. The cause of this issue was identified, will not repeat, and any impacted sellers are receiving credits. If anyone is reporting listings renewing earlier than they should from the 1st of August onward, this would be a different issue that needs to be investigated (as the previous issue was specifically caused by an internal record mistake related to the 31st of July, and would not create relists on any other date).

@Anonymous 

This is where I think some of the disconnect and confusion is IMHO.  This complaint that listings are renewing 24 hours in advance of their renewal date isn't just for listings that were originally posted on July 1st and then renewed on July 31st, and again on August 1st.  That is a separate issue.

There are other threads on this that happened prior to the one I gave you a link to.  So maybe I should have gone and looked for one of them.  And then you have some that are on this thread that have nothing to do with the July dates.  They are renewing in the month of August [not the 1st] 24 hours in advance.  Coffee's example was on August 17th.  

This one was posted on July 28th.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-m-fed-up-with-GTC/m-p/30075782

And I know there were many other complaints on various threads that weren't started specifically for this problem.

Message 45 of 76
latest reply