cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing prices getting changed

I don't know what is going on here but whatever it is NOT acceptable.  My listing prices are getting changed.  I listed an item for $69.99 and it sold for $17.99.  Not wanting to be a jerk, I sold the item to the buyer even though I lost over $50.00.  I've been selling on eBay since 1997 so I'm not new here by any means.  At first I thought that maybe I made a mistake but then I looked at my listings and at least 10 listings were changed.  NO MISTAKE THERE.  How and why my listings are getting changed is a mystery.  Is it eBay?  Have I been hacked?  Is this happening to anyone else?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I have not had any problems with prices changed on my listings.  Sounds like you have been hacked.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

How about providing an example!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I see your sold listing of the Longaberger Baskets Set with Wrought Iron Stand sold for 17.99 plus shipping.

The listing doesn't show any revisions so it must have been listed at that price unfortunately.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Could you possibly have listed as fixed price by mistake and meant to list as an auction with a starting bid of $17.99?  I did that once when listing both fixed price & auctions and forgot to switch the format.  It sold before I caught the error.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@bobo392 wrote:

I don't know what is going on here but whatever it is NOT acceptable.  My listing prices are getting changed.  I listed an item for $69.99 and it sold for $17.99.

Is it possible @bobo392 that you're creating drafts from your computer and entering the price, then switching to the app to upload photos? There are numerous reports where doing that is causing the issue you described.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It wasn't listed at that price.  I proof the auctions and then my husband does too.  We write down the starting price on our forms.  There were approximately 10 others that were changed too.  I have changed them back.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

No, the starting bid was $69.99.  I would have believed that I might have made an error if 10 other auctions weren't changed also.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

These were all relists.  Didn't have to upload pictures.  They were already there.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@bobo392 wrote:

No, the starting bid was $69.99.  I would have believed that I might have made an error if 10 other auctions weren't changed also.

It wasn’t an auction, though, it was a fixed price listing.  No bids would have been possible.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@bobo392 wrote:

These were all relists.

What was the original item number for the relist item 225869767213 ?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@bobo392 wrote:

It wasn't listed at that price.  I proof the auctions and then my husband does too.  We write down the starting price on our forms.  There were approximately 10 others that were changed too.  I have changed them back.

If the price was changed after listing there would be revisions shown on the listing page.

You could click the "see all revisions" link and see if the price was changed as well as the date/time the revision was made.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

You will never see this thread now being older, but you are not imagining this! Its happening to me. I am taking precautions, but this is not cool!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Can you give some examples?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply