cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Disappearing

Hello, Ive noticed for a long time now i have had item just disappear from my ebay store. These are not items that have been sold out or listing that have ended. I keep a very originized warehouse and keep things that are listed on my shelfs. I will periodicly go threw my stock and notice items that are on my stock shelfs that are not on ebay. I have 1000+ Listings and it is very hard to keep track of what i actually have listed. And it seems that the amout of listing i have i should be selling more but that is not the case. I am actually curius if i actually have 1000+ Listings or is this a made up number? Has anyone had this happen? No they're not duplicate listings either. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Listing Disappearing

Are they very old listings that you have not updated?  

Do they have active content or are lacking a UPC code.

Sounds like some are so old you do not even know what you have anymore.

You need to update these listings from time to time instead of allowing them to languish indefinitely.

Ebay has advised us many times they are removing listings that do not conform to their latest updates.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

My husband and I just went through our inventory and found 60 items that are not listed, and we know for such that we listed them.  Some just last week.  

It it seems every time we call ebay for help they screw up our account.  We are  flabbergasted that that many listings of ours was missing from Ebay.   Total about a third of our listings.  That's a lot of work gone down the drain.  We are so fed up with ebay.  They change things and cause the system not work well.   Can't even check my purchased items.  

Now at least I know I'm not crazy.  Just last week we both say a listing that sold pop up that had not been there for weeks.  

This sure ire is messing up my business.  

Deborah 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

@mcp-313 wrote:

Hello, Ive noticed for a long time now i have had item just disappear from my ebay store. These are not items that have been sold out or listing that have ended. I keep a very originized warehouse and keep things that are listed on my shelfs. I will periodicly go threw my stock and notice items that are on my stock shelfs that are not on ebay. I have 1000+ Listings and it is very hard to keep track of what i actually have listed. And it seems that the amout of listing i have i should be selling more but that is not the case. I am actually curius if i actually have 1000+ Listings or is this a made up number? Has anyone had this happen? No they're not duplicate listings either. 

Thanks

Are they very old items?  Items with  Active Content?  No UPC codes?

Ebay has sent out several updates sayings that listings that are not compliant will be removed.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

It happens all the time to my store! 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

Some old and some new. Its hard to keep track of 1000+ Listing to be honest. We just know because everything we list we put a small circled color sticker on and when we go threw a product line each week we will notice parts with stickers that are not on ebay... But we know they were on there and we have the picture saved for them. We take all of our own pictures so that should say something. Just donest add up

Thanks

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

I'm seeing these threads more and more and the answer seems to be to use turbolister. The problem there is that it was supposed to already be discontinued. We need an update on turbolister's status. There is also inkfrog and activa, but they both charge for their services whereas turbolister is free. 

Why has ebay gone silent on turbolister's status? 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

Because they STILL can't work out how to get Turbo's "functionality" into the Hub as promised?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

Have you updated these listings in the last year?

Ebay stated that they are removing very old listings that have been sitting there for years.

100% agree with it.  Categories are clogged with listings 3, 4, 5 or more years old that have not been updated by the seller in years.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

That's ONLY if they're GTC.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

@lookng2015 wrote:

In theory ......

Listing Disappearing

Well everything here is "in theory" really, isn't it?

Just like policies in black and white "in theory" should be enforced.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

@lookng2015 wrote:
Well everything here is "in theory" really, isn't it?

Just like policies in black and white "in theory" should be enforced.

But we know they aren't.

Everything here I would say is 'pre-theory' - which would be 'just a guess'.

Listing Disappearing

@lookng2015 wrote:

So for years some people are just relisting the same ones without making any changes.  Scroll off, scroll back on.

Wonder if they would do that if they did not have freebies?

Can you imagine if that was done in a B&M store?

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Listing Disappearing

It is a new Ebay thing. Once they accumulate 1/4" of dust because no one wants them, Ebay decides no need to keep them clogging the site. You need to update them with better prices, better pictures and better descriptions. If they still don't sell throw them out. 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply