cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legit or scam offer?

I am new to eBay and have 1 item listed for $230. I know I am a target for scammers being a new account with a higher ticket item. I have had my listing up for a few weeks with no offers and I just received my first one this morning for $300. I know it is a red flag since it is more than the listing price. I went to the buyers profile and there are real listing and reviews. Do we think this is legit? I have not accepted the offer yet and the buyer has not asked for any info (PayPal email, address change, etc.) Should I go ahead and accept and see if the buyer asks those questions or just decline the offer? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Legit or scam offer?

Tell the buyer and EBAY you want the funds first then you will ship the Item, make sure the money is in your account , take it out, so if they ask for a refund, you will refund their money after you get your item back not damaged. This is what I have done for years.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

I am back with another question! I have another offer for my item. This person has a 100% positive feedback rate (78 5 star reviews). They are not selling anything on their page. They have messaged me twice about purchasing. I have my purchasing settings set up as the "Buy Now". Is this legit?

First message:

I’m interested if you’ll work with me a little bit. Would you take 180$ for it Today. I will take it if you can bend a little. Thanks for your time and let me know

Second message:

I am interested if you can work with me a little bit. Would you take 180$ today?? Let me know and maybe we can make a deal today. Thanks for your time

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@jorpe997 wrote:

I am back with another question! I have another offer for my item. This person has a 100% positive feedback rate (78 5 star reviews). They are not selling anything on their page. They have messaged me twice about purchasing. I have my purchasing settings set up as the "Buy Now". Is this legit?

First message:

I’m interested if you’ll work with me a little bit. Would you take 180$ for it Today. I will take it if you can bend a little. Thanks for your time and let me know

Second message:

I am interested if you can work with me a little bit. Would you take 180$ today?? Let me know and maybe we can make a deal today. Thanks for your time

Make sure to read the feedback left: and check the feedback given by the user...

Are you willing to try it at that price??

If so do it:

Just going to say seems like they might be low  pricing you...

Now if they ask for your email, to send payment it is a scam man......

Also always go to your my eBay page and make sure payment is in process or been received prior to shipping...

You are a target for scammers:

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/stay_safe.html 

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

All of the positive feedback they have received seems to be from sellers in the same wheelhouse as what I am selling (action figures). Assuming that is a good sign? I am not seeing any feedback the buyer has given. I am willing to accept the price, just to get rid of the item at this point. 

Message 34 of 34
latest reply