cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest promotion for 500 free listings # 103383

I received this promotion offer just a few minutes ago.  It actually starts tomorrow, December 4, 2017.  Not sure why they sent the promotion out a day in advance.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I received the ebay mesage - activated it but it does not show on my ebay under promotions yet.

I know it it suppose to start monday 12/4.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

It's to your advantage that they sent the offer in advance. You have the whole day to draft listings and then list them starting tomorrow. You're one of the lucky sellers. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I doubt I'll get it as my IDs are still stuck with the % off FVF for (so called) "hot items" I've never sold and aren't ever likely to.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@spidersd wrote:

I received this promotion offer just a few minutes ago.  It actually starts tomorrow, December 4, 2017.  Not sure why they sent the promotion out a day in advance.

So that's the problem! Just now getting up, four cats are clambering, I'm looking to see if I sold anything over night, and I get the message and tried twice to load it and the "countdown" doesn't appear on my selling page. Don't recall getting advance notice before. Wish they were Fixed Price and not auctions.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Ah auctions only? Don't need it then, as I rarely even use up the store auctions as it is.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This is the poorest time of the year to offer auction format.  Is ebay stupid or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I will never again use auction style listings only to gain 50 cents on a listing.   This has been the worst holiday season of selling that I have ever seen.  People are not even buying new items that are selling at 75% below retail.  Does it have to be all technology items...no new clothing items?   Once my listings end in a few days I am going to find another venue to sell on.  This one is burned toast.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I totally agree with you. I had a message in my regular messages about this promo...it usually is at the bottom of my listings, etc , but was in my regular messages. I will spend the day getting pics done and organizing my ton of stuff to get listed. Thanks for your post...very helpful. Happy Sales!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I may be new to this but I clicked on the activate offer and still I get a listing fee. I go back and try it again it just tells me I have activated it begin selling but still gives me a listing fee. Any ideas?
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Are you listing auctions rather than fixed price?   That is what my promo offered.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

if promotions are going to be for the same amount of auctions (500) that you get for a whole month with a premium store ($60), what's the point?  that's so deflating when the stores don't even get them...YIKES!!!!!!!! SO SCARY!                   BOO!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Ebay doesn't send listing specials to store owners who use their allotment of FP listings. I never used my full allotment until September of this year, and they used to send me listing specials, but not ONE since then. I have double the listings and lower sales.

And they think they're going to force me to upgrade? Not a chance with the results I'm seeing here! On the contrary, I'll be greatly reducing my listings after Christmas and deciding if I want to keep the store at all by March 1st when it comes up for renewal.

3 years with the store, and this will be the 1st time in 4 years that I won't recieve a Paypal 1099. Taxes should be fun this year.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply