cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LACK OF FREE LISTING PROMOTIONS?

I haven't received any promotional free listings since last December.  Anyone else?  Has Ebay stopped giving them?   I know of other sellers that have gotten them every month so far since the start of  2017.  

Anyone know why we aren't getting them anymore?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cak8888 wrote:

Has Ebay stopped giving them?   I know of other sellers that have gotten them every month so far since the start of  2017.  

I got a promotions for 500 listings in March, and another in April. I also got offers for 50 extra free listings in February, March, and April. 

But if you know of others who have been getting them every month, then you already knew the answer to this question - no, eBay has not stopped giving them. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Free promotions are given totally at random.  Some get them monthly, others never do.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

@cak8888 wrote:

Has Ebay stopped giving them?   I know of other sellers that have gotten them every month so far since the start of  2017.  

I got a promotions for 500 listings in March, and another in April. I also got offers for 50 extra free listings in February, March, and April. 

But if you know of others who have been getting them every month, then you already knew the answer to this question - no, eBay has not stopped giving them. 

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

I forgot to mention that I have a store, possibly making a difference in the reason for not getting any.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

I would also like to know the answer to this I used to get them at least every other month - I have a store but the last one I recieved was months ago and was for 1 cent in insertion fees.... It is very frustrating ...especaily when they have raised the final value fees .. but didn't send out notification till after store renewed for another year... seems to be a lot of changes going on.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

I know. I've gotten stupid ones like free listings in categories I never use or a certain percent off of FVF for kinds of items I never sell! Just got one for guitars!
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

There are still some but nowhere near the same number that there was from March 2012 to Spring 2015.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Me too!  No free listings promotions since last year and I have a Premium store subscription.  I wish that random ticker would pick me!  Forcing me to pay for listings has reduced the amount I will list over my store subscription which has more than likely kept me from growing my business.  I wish there was a store in between the premium and anchor store.  Going from $60 to $300 a month is quite a leap of faith.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Wow, that is quite a jump. I just have the basic store. Suits me just fine, but would really like to get some extra free listings so I can get rid of some old inventory.
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

I haven't recieve any free listing promotions since December 2016.  I have a premium store.  I would really like to know why I stoped getting the promotions.  I recieved one almost every month last year.  When I call to ask about it, it is very hard to get the representive to start a case to ask higher up why this is happening.  I asked them to start a case to make sure there wasn't something wrong on ebay's end that is preventing me from getting the promotions.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

No store, small-time seller. Get free listings on a fairly regular basis and appreciate them very much!

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

I was receiving hundreds of free listings almost every month. I then signed up for an upgraded store about 4 months ago. I haven't received free listings since I opened the store. I'm now paying $60 per month for the listings I used to receive free. I signed up for the 1 year option in order to pay less for the store. I making the adjustments necessary to give up my store at the end of the year. I will probably cut my ebay listings way back since I'm beginning to feel like I'm just working to make money for ebay.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

I have had a store, at some level, for several years now.  I have had times when I recieved free offers (or discount offers) every month.  This year.. a few offers, nothing in my catagory.... well one in my catagories but only on new items... I sell used.. lol

It's completely random.  Ending or starting a store will not increase your free offers.  You should base whether or not you have a store on your sale/ listing levels... not how many times you are given the random free listings.. JMO

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Lets face it, ebay should stop charging to list altogether. 

Obviously, the chinese don't pay, why should we?

that's why I like the river.  no charge to list and they stay there forever

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

@decadesgoneb4 wrote:

Lets face it, ebay should stop charging to list altogether. 

Obviously, the chinese don't pay, why should we?

that's why I like the river.  no charge to list and they stay there forever

No comment...

Message 15 of 33
latest reply