cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Top Rated Seller Level

So while still in the grace period i have been frantically working on trying to figure out how to keep our top seller status. Because the way fedex does our pick ups and scans we have dropped from 95.6% down to 86% Tracking uploaded on time and validated. Has any other sellers seen this huge drop? We have held our top rated for years untill ebay changed things. I am curious if any other sells have seen this drop and what your doing to try and keep that seller level?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Keeping Top Rated Seller Level

What is it about FedEx's pickups and scans that has caused your numbers to tank? Should you be considering a switch?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

because of the volume we ship and the discount we get we dont plan on leaving them any time soon..the problem is the shippers tracking scans upload time..our hollander ebay rep told us NOT to change shipping and handling timmes from next day to 1-3 day handling but we keep slipping even though we normally get everything shipped out next day.. just trying to keep our seller level stable

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Your Top Rated Seller status in the USA program is in a grace period until Jul 20, 2017 to give you some time to fully meet the program requirements.

We're making some changes to the US eBay Top Rated Seller policy, effective Jun 20, 2017. Here's what you need to know:

In the US, sellers must upload tracking on time and get a scan from the carrier on 95% of their US transactions.
In order to qualify for the Top Rated Seller grace period in the US, sellers must now meet the tracking requirements on at least 90% of their US transactions.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Is it possible to get the FedEx driver to scan on pickup or do they have to take them back to the depot?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I think my Fedex drivers usually always scan on pickup.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

we use usps where to make sure that our items are scanned on time we must go to p.o., stand on-line & ask for a reciept for each package. scanning the tracking number generates the reciept. /// can you do something of that sort wt. fedex.?? maybe once a day someone can make a "fedex. run"?  i know it takes a lot of time, but it might work out for you......BEST OF LUCK!

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

FedEx ALWAYS scan at time of pick-up, the only possible explanation is that the OP is not shipping within their stated handling time.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

sorry to break it to you but we do ship on time...we are trying to get multiple pickups at our warehouse during the day..if its not scanned within 24hours then it posts as late..

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

and over 35k positive feedback and over a million in sales since we started ..we are not new to this..thanks though
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

TRS seller status is impossible even when you track stuff I also had TRS for years and they dropped me to above average in a minute I don't bother anymore trying to get TRS back. You lost 20% discount and the 10% on offer is impossible to get even when you do the right thing. I ditched all my listings of ebay usa and moved to ebay uk. Ebay usa are squeezing every dollar they can from sellers there is no money left just pay fees what is the point of all the hard work when no profit in it? You should know you will loose your TRS status and when that happens you get less exposure on your items your sales crash. I also advise you to check your late shipment % this is another area they trap you so you can't get TRS. They don't want to pay anyone discount anymore. I am **bleep** at them for bringing in this stupid 95% tracking rule. Ebay usa just want your money and will find ways over the coming years to get more $$ out of you.
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@billsmithusedparts wrote:

sorry to break it to you but we do ship on time...we are trying to get multiple pickups at our warehouse during the day..if its not scanned within 24hours then it posts as late..

Actually, your statement about 24 hours is not correct.  The tracking has to be posted within your stated handling time.  If you have a one-day handling, then the item has to be sent either the same business day or the next business day and the tracking has to be posted and scanned by midnight of that next day.  Could that possibly be the problem? 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

TRS is a scam.

There is way more stick than there is carrot. Don't lose sleep over it.

They can keep their .0001% of .0001%.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

If your problem truly rests with FedEx, and for whatever reason they won't/can't accommodate your need for timely acceptance scans--

Then, to me, it would seem that the amount you will lose in ebay discounts will need to be calculated and rolled into your shipping numbers in order to track true costs.

Especially if you plan to stay with FedEx.

Do you have a dedicated FedEx sales/account rep you can contact? I'd start there.

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I just lost my status on another account because I had shipments that needed to ship during some huge snow storms and a blizzard. Each time I called in on the day of the storm. eBay documented the call and promised that bad storms will not effect sellers TRSP status.

Wrong! The system is automated as they state now, and their hands are tied. eBay, has it set up in a way that the system is going to automatically purge a lot of sellers this spring and summer.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply