cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items selling without final value fees? Personalization?

Had a item sell today for about $26 and it was only charged the 30 cents for processing and no final value fees. Says something about personalization? Did a quick google search and found some other sellers on a random forum saying it happened to them too this morning. Anyone know about this? I have messaged ebay for business and am awaiting a response.1104211023.jpg

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Un-announced promotion of some kind, or a glitch that will come back to bite you.....

Message 2 of 56
latest reply

@adirondackthrifter 

@no-plain-white-envelopes 

Do either of your see a promotion for this in the promotions section of your Seller Hub Overview page?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Strange-FVF/m-p/32431498

Message 3 of 56
latest reply

Nothing in my hub about it. The item that sold was some dollar store body spray that certainly cant be "personlized" in any way. 

Message 4 of 56
latest reply

I am at this time showing no special FVF Promotions.

Message 5 of 56
latest reply

Yeah, same thing happened to me too on an item that sold last night.  Don't worry, they will catch it soon and take your money.  Mine was in the collectibles category.

Message 6 of 56
latest reply

@adirondackthrifter 

Are you on the US site, or a different site?

Here's the official info about personalization from ebay. Was your item in one of the 3 categories? Did you have personalization chosen as an Item Specific? (even if your buyer did not use it, was it offered?)

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/item-specifics.html#personalize-with-ebay

Message 7 of 56
latest reply

No my item is not in those categories. It is cheap body spray from a dollar store. Was listed in Health & Beauty< Fragrances < Womens Fragrances

Message 8 of 56
latest reply

also US site

Message 9 of 56
latest reply

velvet@ebay- Can you please review the posts in this discussion? Three different sellers in three different categories- none offered personalization- are seeing this odd display on their payment transaction details.

Message 10 of 56
latest reply

I have the same thing on an item that within the past hour.  Was a collectable - not personalized in anyway nor in a category that has personalization.   I'm sure they'll figure it out and eventually charge us the fees - just sucks for those of us trying to keep up on daily book keeping. 

Message 11 of 56
latest reply

I have not seen any announcement about this.

Heck I will personally sign any item sold for the buyer if that meets the criteria 😂😁 

Message 12 of 56
latest reply

@adirondackthrifter  Ah, OK....so I'm thinking glitch. If I were you, I'd assume ebay will be charging me that FVF once they realize what is happening.   

Purely rhetorical question: Does a day go by without some sort of screw-up from ebay?

Message 13 of 56
latest reply

There are reports on other forums. I think it's a glitch and the correct charges are forthcoming.

Message 14 of 56
latest reply

Okay everybody...

"Personalize" ALL of your listings.

Let's see how fast eBay can go broke - LOL!!!

Great way to show eBay that they need sellers just as much as they need buyers.

OF COURSE I'M KIDDING!  But it sure is a funny thought... hurryagain_0-1636039001801.png

Message 15 of 56
latest reply