cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item listing charge

I m not in US and I haven't bought or sold anything on eBay for a long time and thought I was just selling something like i used to. eBay didn't quote and no screen prompt when I listed my item for selling.

Finally I checked email and found a bill and I was charged $86.00 !!! just for "Advance Listing Upgrade Fees"

Ebay didn't leave any email contact and i can only post message here. I had really a bad costly experience. Can I request reimbursement of this charge ?Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Item listing charge

@sniperbb wrote:

I m not in US and I haven't bought or sold anything on eBay for a long time and thought I was just selling something like i used to. eBay didn't quote and no screen prompt when I listed my item for selling.

Finally I checked email and found a bill and I was charged $86.00 !!! just for "Advance Listing Upgrade Fees"

Ebay didn't leave any email contact and i can only post message here. I had really a bad costly experience. Can I request reimbursement of this charge ?Smiley Sad

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about your expensive lesson. I looked at your completed listings and see that you listed your $1300 camera three times with a reserve each time. Reserve auctions have a hefty fee based on the amount of the listing price. Although you didn't sell it, I am afraid you legitimately incurred this expense and eBay will expect you to pay it. If you elect not to, then you will likely be unable to list in the future if carrying an unpaid balance. Very sorry this caught you off-guard. The fee would have been shown on the listing form before you clicked it to go live. Below is a link to the Help page on setting reserves, and a link to optional upgrade listing fees.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-auctions/reserve-prices?id=4143

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364#section5

"Reserve price
Set a minimum price that must be met for your item to sell, The fee is $5.00 or 7.5% of reserve price, whichever is greater (maximum fee $250)
Charged whether or not your item sells"

Message 2 of 2
latest reply