cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Specifics

I don't want to complain but what is up with the "item specifics" issue?  The same ones i fixed a month ago have re-appeared. 

eBay, just a suggestion, but most items don't have a "character" or a "character family".

Take the unnecessary specifics out of the required section!

It is counter-productive and a huge time waster. I spent many hours putting "none" in. Or repeating details that are already in my description, including some that are even in the listing's title. 

You should be able to make the listing process more streamlined, not cumbersome and repetitive.

Please, I'm begging you do something about this issue. Please check why the same specifics and details that were already entered have to be done again. Please work on curtailing all these glitches. When sellers have hundreds or thousands of listings this is really causing a lot of busy work for nothing. 

We would all be able to list more and sell more if we weren't spending so much time re-doing listings that were already complete. 

Put yourself in the seller's place. Many of us have day jobs, families and other obligation in addition to eBay.

I have spent many sleepless nights listing, re-listing and updating listings that I shouldn't have.

Sincerely,

Clyde

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item Specifics

Clyde You are absolutely correct!!  These item specifics are useless and just clog up the listings. The listings on the mobile app are even more confusing now. I honestly don't know who comes up with what they think is a improvement. I have to put does not apply in some many new fields just to have something there.  On top of that, I have to fill in the fields that ebay keeps deleting like country of origin.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Item Specifics

Agreed. For what it's worth, tick the box 'Do not remind me about these specifications again' and you'll be good.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Item Specifics

I totally agree.  I was so happy last month when I finally got caught up adding missing "recommended" items. A little disheartening to see that now I have to do it all over again.

In addition to character family ... which I sell nothing with a character yet I have to put "n/a" for each every one is a little tiring.  Some others that are irritating:

- Same as with Character, what about "Theme"?  Sometimes there is not a "theme".

- Why should I have to specify a collar type for a collarless shirt?  If I specify Collarless, the form field for collar type should be unavailable.  Same for Sleeveless and Sleeve Type.  Where the heck is the field for just a plain ole sleeve?

- Not all clothes have "accents".  

- Why do we enter material and fabric too?  If I specify the material is 100% cotton then what is the value add for fabric?

- Most shoes have the label as "man made" for some or all of the shoe.  So why isn't this an option? We have to type it in.

- I think for a platform that sells nationwide (or globally), it really doesn't make sense to select a season... Fall in Arizona is a totally different climate than Fall in Maine.

- And why do I have to choose a performance activity for certain types of non-activewear clothing.  Some clothes are just to wear, you don't have to perform anything in them!

LOL.

Please let's get some common sense in these settings and make this simpler.  The quicker we can get a listing created, the more listings ebay will have 😉

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Item Specifics

I so agree with everything you said. This is so annoying and time consuming. 

On another note I heard that if you don't revise (btw clicking do not remind me again  or whatever it says "button" is worthless as your listing basically goes to the bottom) your listing is going to the bottom of what viewers see if they see it at all. Crazy stuff. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Item Specifics

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Agreed. For what it's worth, tick the box 'Do not remind me about these specifications again' and you'll be good.

Have tried this with minimal success.  Keep being asked to make the same changes in both seasonal, action figures, dolls and bears......

(You know how in Kung Fu Panda, Po's nemesis is STAIRS?........mine is item specifics!  😺)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Item Specifics

@katzrul15   are you saying after check-marking the  "don't remind me" box...........the listings are still showing up as required? 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply