cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Failed Authentication - Now What?

Just got an email from the authentication team that they couldn't confirm authenticity and when I went to check the details it just says "Item didn't match the one in the listing." 

For reference, the item in question is an LV bag. I did a ton of research before posting this and made sure I posted a picture of the Date Code in the photos so it was clear where it was located.

Is there a way to find out what they did/didn't find wrong with the item? Is there any way to contact the Authentication team to get that info?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ruhrohstoys wrote:

Just got an email from the authentication team that they couldn't confirm authenticity and when I went to check the details it just says "Item didn't match the one in the listing." 

For reference, the item in question is an LV bag. I did a ton of research before posting this and made sure I posted a picture of the Date Code in the photos so it was clear where it was located.

Is there a way to find out what they did/didn't find wrong with the item? Is there any way to contact the Authentication team to get that info?

It means there is a defect that was not disclosed in the listing, it could be a VERY small inconsistency.

I looked at the listing, it was listed as "New Other" (NWT), any type of very minor issue would be enough for it to fail.

The authentication process serves multiple functions, the legitimacy and the that the condition matches description. They are no doubt picky about $600 handbags described as "brand new" & "unused".

Perhaps they will include more details with the returned bag.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You may want to take this to the Fashion board for help.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@ruhrohstoys 

Unfortunately I doubt ebay will give you any details why your item wasn't authenticated.  Either your item is real or unauthentic.  That's usually as far as they're willing to go where reasons go.  Better luck next time. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@ruhrohstoys wrote:

It means there is a defect that was not disclosed in the listing, it could be a VERY small inconsistency.

I looked at the listing, it was listed as "New Other" (NWT), any type of very minor issue would be enough for it to fail.

The authentication process serves multiple functions, the legitimacy and the that the condition matches description. They are no doubt picky about $600 handbags described as "brand new" & "unused".

Perhaps they will include more details with the returned bag.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hello, it happened to me few times already. Two times with the same Item. One of it was the reason they sent it back, because I included US size ( next to EU size) and that size was not what they think right. 
Im absolutely exhausted about this and I feel like I want to give up Ebay, I truly am. 
I tried call , do appeal and all, but for Ebay Authentication is reliable people. Even if they absolutely wrong. 
Im sorry you have to go through this . 
Try to sell on Poshmark 🤍 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I sold my Cartier Juste un Clou ring and today I received an email from eBay indicating that the ring failed authenticity inspection.  I am now being accused of selling counterfeit. I am so shocked and also embarrassed. Now the buyer thinks she was somehow being scammed, when ironically, I feel that way myself! I bought the ring in the Cartier boutique and am selling it to buy another one with diamonds instead. I sent it with all original packaging and certificate. I have no idea how they are not able to authenticate a simple 18K ring with engraving and accompanying certificate. I want to take all my listings down and be done with eBay

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I received an item back from the buyer because ebay would not authenticate it ..said" Miscategorized during the listing Process and not eligible for AG..how do you find out what the heck that means...I looked at listing...the catagory was fine jewelry pendant necklace, which is what it was???I lost a big sale because of this with no answers...any thoughts.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply