cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Authentication program and support will do nothing.

Hey there, so I was told by a few people to share this with this, figured I might as well because I have nothing to lose at this point.

So a while ago I listed up a pair of Travis Scott 1s for a reasonable price, under StockX and goat as they were VNDS just tried on, never laced, etc. The shoes were originally from Goat, I had the authentication card and everything. The shoes sold and were set to be sent to eBay’s authentication center, which in itself its fine you would think. It’s ran by SneakerCon. I was wrong. I shipped the shoes and it took a few days for them to get them and I get the dreaded email “These did not pass our authentication”

So I’m like “Ok they probably made a mistake, I’ve heard they have before whatever at least I will get my shoes back. Got the package today, they sent me the wrong shoes. They were another pair of Travis Scott 1s in the same size but these were not only fake, but used. They were laced up, insole wear, writing on the box, ripped size label, no extra laces, my goat card and etc were not there. These were a completely different pair of shoes. I called ebay almost immediately and explained what happened, they had me send in pics of the shoes I got to compare to my listing. I obviously complied and sent them. They took under 10 minutes to deny my appeal.

I proceeded to call back again, and explained what happened following the previous call. The case was back open and they asked for more pictures. They then asked for a picture of their tag that they stick on the shoe box to keep track of inventory, they said it should be on the front of the box by the size label, well, it wasn’t. They then asked me to check the rest of the shoe box. Turns out, it was stuck to the bottom of the box. So I took a picture and sent it to them. They then proceeded to deny my appeal again saying “the shoes were fake and the sticker placement was wrong”.

This absolutely baffled me. I told them for one thing, the shoes be authentic or not does not even apply to my issue I literally got someone else’s shoes returned to me. And two, you are the ones who placed the sticker. How in the hell am I at fault for that. They further replied saying that the decision is final and they will no longer reply to anything about this order/shoe/ or case again.

I have sold on eBay a lot over the years and have had issues but they usually make them right. Though this is absolutely unacceptable. So not only did my authentic shoes “fail” their check, they sent me a fake pair back. So now I’m at well over a 1k loss because of their errors.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

@baum_kicks 

Wow! I believe you, been reading some very suspicious activity with this authenticity program for sneakers.

One poster was connected via ebay to this place and actually talked to the people employed there. Give that a try.

You need to get someone to listen to you, maybe your local news has an investigative reporter that you could talk to. You'd be surprised at what they can accomplish and ebay is quite proud of these authenticated programs and wouldn't want any bad press on them.

I have a question, why isn't that $2500 sneaker you have listed not going to this authenticator? Is it the brand?

Best to you.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Maybe if I am lucky someone will reach out, and yea I wish they would listen. Instead they just keep saying "I have no proof" and that "They have to go by whatever SneakerCon says". I heard you don't have proof from the support person at least a dozen times.

As for your other question, those are technically customs. The base shoe is a normal Nike Air Max, however, the company MSCHF modified them and released a very few amount of pairs. Ebays authentication service does not accept/check "custom shoes". That is why it is listed as "New with Defects".

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

I've read many nightmarish stories about the shoe authentication service, but not one good story yet. Hmmm...

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

@baum_kicks 

You are not the first person to complain about this.  Buyers have been shipped the wrong shoes as well...and had their claims denied because the shoes were authentic.  Yes, they were,  but they were NOT the ones the buyer purchased.  

Here is a link to a seller that had the problem like yours.  Maybe you can ask if the issue was ever resolved and how it happened if it was: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-authentication-failed-and-sent-me-back-different-shoes/m-...

Otherwise I would contact ebay via the message feature on their ebay for Business  facebook page, and see if you don't do better with those people. 

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Suggest taking screen shots of the eBay listing page and saving them. Don't know if it will help, but it sure can't hurt ether.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Its so sad that is is already such an issue with it being so new.. talk about not even trying

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Same, was crossing my fingers but no, I got screwed

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

They had access to all my listings pictures. The support person just kept saying "You don't have proof that those are not what you sent so we have to go with SneakerCon's choice.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Okay, after reading this and all the other complaints I am convinced that the shoe authenticator service is actually just one giant *%&ing scammer and not a real thing. Claims false snads then returns junk to you in place of your nice, good item!

Very sorry to hear this happened to you OP. What a rotten bunch of **bleep**.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

...so now shoes sellers have to deal with a new problem...

"shoes authentication center = scam center = legitimate thieves"

...just like the place in Texas performs authentication for trading cards, sport cards, game cards...

...wonder if one day eBay forces perfume sellers to send their items to authentication center too...

...is anyone from eBay workers splits the profits from stealing with these authentication center...???...if not then why eBay sided with their decisions...???

...legalized shoplifting...

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

People in authentication are either really lousy at their jobs or stealing stuff. Neither is a good thing.  eBay will never admit it unless forced to. 

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@newlifeforoldstuff2 wrote:

People in authentication are either really lousy at their jobs or stealing stuff. Neither is a good thing.  eBay will never admit it unless forced to. 

This wreaks of a class action lawsuit. They can't get away with this. ^_^

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

People have suggested this to me, I already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I also ended up getting a call from a supervisor today who was one of the heads of the authentication department. He basically said nothing can be done because they have top go based on whatever SneakerCon says. So I am just out the shoes and 1300$ 

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

The whole thing is a joke, I already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I also ended up getting a call from a supervisor today who was one of the heads of the authentication department. He basically said nothing can be done because they have top go based on whatever SneakerCon says. So I am just out the shoes and 1300$ 

Message 15 of 33
latest reply