cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scammer?

I'm a new seller and trying to avoid scammers.

Buyer purchases a new Michael Kors watch. He is based in the Bahamas per his profile. However, he has a mailbox in Florida located at a shipping and mailbox company. I messaged him asking for address verification and will be sending the item requesting signature. He paid for the item and I'm concerned he may not be legit. But, the account has been active since 2017. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this a scammer?

@unionpax 

It sounds like your buyer is using a "freight forwarder" or "reshipper" location.   It is quite common for users in the Caribbean and central/south America to utilize these services. Unless your are shipping very expensive items to Delaware (Texas, Oregon) forwarders to be sent to the Russian Federation,  it should not be of much concern. 

Any item on eBay can be had for free at the seller's expense by the use of fraudulent claims.  At this point there is no particular indication that this will be problematic. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Once the item is received by the address the buyer has on their account, it’s considered delivered. If you’re new on here, I’d be extremely careful about selling higher end items…..

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It's less than 1 hr from the Bahamas to Miami 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I don't think that is a scam. Shipping to the Bahamas may be expensive, so this buyer has come up with a plan for you to ship it to a place where they can ship it to him for (possibly) cheaper. Also, some sellers have the "block buyers whose countries I don't ship to" on, so he's already blocked by most sellers. It's just that this buyer has simply found a way to beat the system. With what you described, nothing with this buyer seems suspicious. He paid. Carry on and ship the item. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@unionpax 

It sounds like your buyer is using a "freight forwarder" or "reshipper" location.   It is quite common for users in the Caribbean and central/south America to utilize these services. Unless your are shipping very expensive items to Delaware (Texas, Oregon) forwarders to be sent to the Russian Federation,  it should not be of much concern. 

Any item on eBay can be had for free at the seller's expense by the use of fraudulent claims.  At this point there is no particular indication that this will be problematic. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I appreciate you, thank you for taking the time to offer help.

Lucy

UnionPax

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Awesome, thank you so much for the information. I had no idea about the "block buyers whose countries I don't ship to" on.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you sooooo much to you all for your help and the time each of you took to respond to my concern. I learned a lot from you today.

Lucy

UnionPax

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Please be aware that "block buyers whose countries I don't ship to" would not have blocked this sale since the shipping address is in Florida and we assume you ship to the USA.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply