cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it permitted to do DROP SHIPPING from AMAZON to EBAY?

Hello
I want to start selling EBAY.
I plan to do DROP SHIPPING
My supplier is> AMAZON
Is it allowed under the laws of EBAY?
Question 2
If EBAY will ask me after some sales invoices provider for the items I am selling, would you send them AMAZON invoices would be acceptable to them or is it forbidden?
Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

My opinion only but you are asking for trouble doing this" lets say for a moment you currently have 11 items available on Amazon to ship and are sold before you can fill your orders and you get 2-5 orders what are you going to do with no product to ship?
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

A excellent way to lose your Prime membership.

I often have gifts shipped directly to family and friends. And I ship care packages through books for soldiers. 

The occasional book order shipped to my uncle that does not have a computer (the dinosaur), or towel rack for my MIL was overlooked. But when I placed several book and DVD orders to fill some requests from the troops I ship to I must have hit some mark that threw up a red flag. My Prime was suspended and I was asked to prove that I was indeed shipping gifts and not dropshipping merchandise.

Oh and it is also frowned upon by eBay.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

It is not allowed.

From the policy:

Drop shipping, also known as product sourcing, is when you buy stock from a supplier and work with them to send items directly to your buyers without ever handling them yourself.

Drop shipping, where you fulfill orders directly from a wholesale supplier, is allowed on eBay. Remember though, if you use drop shipping, you're still responsible for the safe delivery of the item within the time frame you stated in your listing, and the buyer's overall satisfaction with their purchase.

However, listing an item on eBay and then purchasing the item from another retailer or marketplace that ships directly to your customer is not allowed on eBay. In such cases, we may remove your listings from search, display them lower in search results, or remove them completely from the site. We may also limit, restrict or suspend your ability to buy, sell, or use site features on eBay, and you could lose any special status and/or discounts associated with your account.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

And if I do DROP SHIPPING from another site (it is not Amazon)
Is it permissible?
For example: a private site that sells only one product
Or for example DROP SHIPPING DIRECTLY from the NEST.COM website
Is that allowed?
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@dical78 wrote:
And if I do DROP SHIPPING from another site (it is not Amazon)
Is it permissible?
For example: a private site that sells only one product
Or for example DROP SHIPPING DIRECTLY from the NEST.COM website
Is that allowed?

No, that site is a retail site.

" listing an item on eBay and then purchasing the item from another retailer or marketplace that ships directly to your customer is not allowed on eBay.

It's very risky to drop ship because you have to count on your supplier to have the item in stock and actually ship. You will receive defects if your buyers don't get their items on time or don't get the items at all.

Sunny

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

got it. So what is the definition of EBAY supplier? Can you give me samples of a supplier?

1- Is the supplier not allowed to be a website that sells the items?

2 - When EBAY ask me for proof invoices on the items For example I have to give him an invoice 1 supplier For the purchase of 20 details to my address?

Or should I give him 20 invoices for each item with the buyer's address?

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

There are no eBay suppliers. You can purchase from wholesalers and have them ship the items to your buyers, but it's risky.

As for eBay asking for proof by requesting invoices you need to read the message carefully and see what eBay is asking for. We can't see any messages you have received from eBay.

Sunny

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

"Copies of manufacturer invoices or any other documentation showing your purchase or ownership of items listed for sale. This includes any related documentation from suppliers."

part 1
manufacturer invoices or any other documentation showing your purchase or ownership of items listed for sale

They want a manufacturer invoice or invoice documentation from suppliers
Do I need an invoice to be written in my information (name, address etc) and the name of the supplier / manufacturer with address and phone number
The invoice should have information
Item> XXX
Amount> XXX
Price> XXX
Should the invoice also contain information about my shipping address?

part 2
includes any related documentation from suppliers
What do they mean?
Does he want more documents from my vendor that specifies where each item is sent?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

eBay seems to be asking for invoices showing you purchased and own the items.

If you need clarification on what eBay is asking for I suggest that you call eBay directly.

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/contacting-ebay-customer-service/contacting-ebay-customer-service?...

Sunny

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

OK

EBAY simply asks for an invoice from suppliers that the items have been purchased and I've paid for them right?

I have to give Ebay the invoice to my suppliers for the items
AND a proforma invoice?
A proforma invoice is an invoice of the purchase estimate before the transaction with the vendor.
Thanks

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@dical78 wrote:

OK

EBAY simply asks for an invoice from suppliers that the items have been purchased and I've paid for them right?

I have to give Ebay the invoice to my suppliers for the items
AND a proforma invoice?
A proforma invoice is an invoice of the purchase estimate before the transaction with the vendor.
Thanks

Yes, that's right. Again, I think you should contact eBay to make sure you are submitting exactly what they are asking for.

Sunny

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

To dropship properly, you have to have a financial interest in the items you are selling. Do you have a signed contract with a wholesaler, distributor or manufacturer? Do you pay in advance for the items you sell and have someone else ship from a warehouse? This is allowed here.

Are you listing items you do not have or own, then purchasing from a retail website and having them ship to your buyer? If so, this is NOT allowed.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
Amazon is not a recognized drop shipping supplier for ebay sales. Your prime membership doesn't allow for this, you'd be in violation. Everything your planning is either against ebay or amazon policy!

The only legit drop shipping allowed by ebay is from a manufacturer/business you have a verifiable relationship with. In otherwards, the manufacturer/business knows your drop shipping their product via ebay sales and approves of it when they ship their products out for you.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Did I miss something? I do not see where the OP said they would use their Prime account? 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply