cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else suddenly seeing the ebay logo in all red on some pages?

Or have I finally lost it?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Is anyone else suddenly seeing the ebay logo in all red on some pages?

Well ot's very offputting. Just in case no-one at ebay noticed RED is what shows up when something's not selling.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 16 of 97
latest reply

Yes, I see it in red.  Kind of a TONE DEAF thing to do today.  Those of us in California are sitting and watching everything burn, but hey, it's what I've come to expect from ebay, utter and total disconnection from the real world.

Message 17 of 97
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

lol..........with apologies, sorry to call on such a mundane thing......but WHY?.......lol

@Anonymous

I already told you.... BLOOOOOOD!!

Either that or ebay wants to send a subliminal message to STOP! buying. Red also means stop.

Also in observance of this change, I will also type everything in red today.

Message 18 of 97
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds wrote:

lol..........with apologies, sorry to call on such a mundane thing......but WHY?.......lol

@Anonymous

Hi @dhbookds, visual changes to the logo should not be cause for alarm. This is a common practice for the holiday season and we have made many changes to our logo over the years. Happy holidays!

ebay_2017_logo_colors.gif

Message 19 of 97
latest reply

eBay is no longer all rainbow's & unicorns.   The red logo represents what sellers will be seeing after the upcoming holiday free return tab they will be paying.   

Message 20 of 97
latest reply

Exactly, just shared with family what I was seeing. YES...all red. Guess it is a new change......new generation. 😞
Message 21 of 97
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Yea I noticed it too. I immediately checked if I was in a spoof site. I think they changed it because red is the color of BLOOD!

Untitled-1.jpg

Ha ha!

Maybe that, or it's the color of the Chinese flag.

Message 22 of 97
latest reply

Yes, it's all red now. They had to do something with all the blood they've sucked from us sellers.

Message 23 of 97
latest reply

I still cannot switch to the classic seller page, or sell on the new one, because of popup glitches. And they prettied up the..... logo...

I am losing it.
Message 24 of 97
latest reply

Yes, it's all red now. eBay had to do something with all the blood they've sucked from us sellers.

Message 25 of 97
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

Or have I finally lost it?

I just saw it too...maybe ebay is blushing?  Or angry?  Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 97
latest reply

I appreciate that some people here are joking and they are funny, but some of the responses here just remind me how out of control PC everything has become. So eBay changed it for the holiday season. If they were able to dress it up a little bit so people would know for sure, that would alleviate some of the problem, but of course then THAT would be offensive to people who don't celebrate Christmas. The color red is offensive to people who are living in a fire area? Really? What color should they choose then? Blue might be offensive to someone living where there is flooding. I'm sure green, pink, purple and orange would be offensive to someone else. IT'S A FREAKING COLOR OF FOUR LETTERS (only 3 newly red) ON YOUR SCREEN. SETTLE DOWN.

Message 27 of 97
latest reply

Hi @dhbookds, visual changes to the logo should not be cause for alarm. This is a common practice for the holiday season and we have made many changes to our logo over the years. Happy holidays!

Yep, and I've hated every color change that diminishes the well known logo......  I had a fit at Open over the colors there.......

Am sure at least a few buyers are going to wonder if they are on the true Ebay site.....

jmo

Message 28 of 97
latest reply

Its just a programers inside joke. Myself I'd find out who did it and send them packing most folks will never get the message because it wasn't completed,but I get it loud and clear.....

Message 29 of 97
latest reply

I love the color!

Red was my favorite color as a child.

(it reminded me of cherry pie!)

Woman Very Happy

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 30 of 97
latest reply