cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is The Apocalypse Upon Us?

So, I can tend to be pretty straightforward with my critique of eBays glitches, ect.
But I also believe in giving credit where it's due.

Recently went to view my Active Listings page, and this popped up:

gottasellemall69_0-1660870524201.png

Am I hallucinating? Are the end times nigh?
Behold! An actually useful and requested change!
I hope this means a trend of listening to feedback is close.

Or at least I can dream.

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.
Set the man on fire...
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

WHOA, I have wanted that FOREVER.  
However ...... as usual their rollout comes with a glitch.  New views have not been showing in the past 48 hours or so.  🤣 
You can still click on the number to see the real view count, but this new sorting feature is not (yet) sorting according to actual views.  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

WHOA, I have wanted that FOREVER.  
However ...... as usual their rollout comes with a glitch.  New views have not been showing in the past 48 hours or so.  🤣 
You can still click on the number to see the real view count, but this new sorting feature is not (yet) sorting according to actual views.  

Oh, brilliant. The zero-views bug being discussed in various other threads here is almost certainly connected to this new enhancement that seems to have been rolled out without proper testing. Here on eBay that is not The Apocalypse; it's just Thursday. 🙄

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Hey at least it's a glitch with light at the end of the tunnel, as opposed to a random glitch for no reason.  I wasn't kidding about wanting that sorter forever; seeing this feels like effin Christmas to me, and I'll happily endure a spot of glitch for it to work out.  And like I said, you can still see your real views if you really want to.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

It may be Thursday, but at eBay it's Wednesday because all their clocks are probably glitching out.

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.
Set the man on fire...
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@gottasellemall69 wrote:

It may be Thursday, but at eBay it's Wednesday because all their clocks are probably glitching out.

"Thernsday"? 🙂

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@gottasellemall69 wrote:

Recently went to view my Active Listings page, and this popped up:

gottasellemall69_0-1660870524201.png

Am I hallucinating?

Actually, maybe you are hallucinating. 😉 Or at least, you're in a test group and I am not.

My own Active Listings page is showing the View counting bug, and shows a little information popup about how you can click on the View Count to see a 30-day view report (and, at the present time, actually find a way to see your true view count instead of a flat zero).

What it doesn't show is the Views column enhancement allowing you to sort it either Up or Down. I can see that same feature on the Watchers, Bids, Current Price, Questions, Available Quantity and Time Left columns, and clicking on any of those will allow a Sort By reorganization, either Low to High or High to Low. 

I have a theory that the reason my Views column does not show that same functionality is because its popup function has been taken over by this Blue Blurb:

Popup.jpg

Once eBay gets rid of this popup that's triggered by clicking on the heading, it will hopefully revert to the same sorting functionality I can use on the other columns, such as (in this screenshot) the Watchers column next door.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I have never paid any attention to "views."  Listing, selling, packing, shipping takes enough time.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

There was something about sort by view in the Q&A segment of the Summer Seller Check in and they said they knew it was one of the most requested features but it was a technical challenge to get "up to the minute" data.

That makes me wonder if the view count issue that seems to coincide with this is not in fact a glitch, but maybe in order to accommodate that feature, the trade off is they had to build in some latency/lag time.  

Time stamped video:

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@gottasellemall69  I know ebay tends to do some things kind of slapdash (or so it appears to us), but I've always said a lot of what ebay does is done in steps. I think that may be the case here.

First, excise the bots so the view number is more accurate. Bots are meaningless.

And then change the default number so that it is NOT the lifetime total. One reason I've never cared about being able to sort by views is my items are long tail GTC, and so I have some items that have been up for many, many months and some that have been up for a few weeks. If the view count shown is a lifetime view count, being able to order the lifetime viewcount is pointless, because I'm comparing apples (items that have been up for ages) versus oranges (items that have been put up recently).

So, now that we are comparing the past 30 days as the default, it makes more sense to provide the ability you've been requesting. 

I don't yet have this ability, so, yes, you may be in a test or it's a gradual roll out. But I suspect one reason we weren't given this sooner is because ebay needed to deal with those first two matters before doing this.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

WAKE UP! You are dreaming. 

Tap your heels together three times. And think, there is no place like home.

Welcome back to the real eBay! 🙄

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@paulhua3 wrote:

I have never paid any attention to "views."  Listing, selling, packing, shipping takes enough time.

Checking your view count on an item takes less time than clicking on a post about something you don't use and replying about how you don't use it.  Seems like you have plenty of free time. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply